Texas, Guess it's our turn....hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear u guys r fine
Old 09-26-2005, 12:54 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

houston was pretty nice without you guys traffic was nice going 45 south on thursday morning and i flew by cops with the cruise set at 110 and they didnt even take a second look .i headed back up to huntsville last night and 45 south was pretty crazy. we saw at least 75 disabled cars in the median between the woodlands and huntsville. pretty crazy. my neighborhoods power got knocked out for 3 days but power is back up and the AC is pumpin full blast. it took me about 5 hrs to find gas. one place i sat in line for about 45 minutes only to find they didnt have supreme when i got to the pump glad to see everyone didnt suffer any major damages.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first time online since Early Wednesday morning. Drove up to Brenham to my folks place up there. Took me about 3 hours to get from Alvin to East Houston to my parents house. Got stuck on beltway 8. I was on there for about 2 hours, just from the first toll booth just past 45 south to spencer road. Exited spencer and went down to center street in deer park, then down to 225, down to 146, offroaded the street beast off 146 down to spur 330 in baytown, then I-10 to my parents in North Shore. Waited till about 10 pm that night to leave for Brenham, took back roads all the way and only took about 30 minutes longer than normal highway to there. no Traffic at all. It pays to plan the route well. Hung out up there, did some fishing, hunting and BBQing. Oh, I also found me a new truck. hopefully going back up there this weekend to pick it up. IE: see the classifieds for parts guys.

Early Saturday Morning, followed the storm in and got back to my apartment in Alvin about 10 saturday morning. Again, no traffic. Hit a little rain and wind on the way in, but nothing major. Power never even went off here. Well, except late Saturday night it went off for about 30 minutes while me and the only other person in the complex, my upstairs redneck neighbor where drinking beer and getting f'ed up. Its been like a ghost town around here. Glad to see everyone is ok though.

Went in to work this morning in Galveston, everyone there had power but our main shop. Couldn't even get the power company truck that was 2 doors down to stop there and do the 10 minute fix we all saw. So, got to leave early.

Chago, gimme a call. Got some taillights and headlights for ya.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

the trip home this morning was nice and quick. get to go back to work tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

spring area probably didn't need to evac but with a wife that was nervous as hell and a 3yr old daughter, we did. we went to llano which is about 30-45mins nw of austin. took us 20hrs to get there when on a regular day it would usually take about 4-4.5hrs when driving the speed limit. it would have been quicker if i would have had a well planned route. needless to say we made it out there, found gas and stayed there until sunday afternoon. we left just after 4pm sunday and got back a little after 8pm. stayed home with my daughter yesterday since the school district and day care were closed. back to work today and will probably tell my story another 100times. lol!

glad to hear everybody is okay though.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

i get to go back to work starting on Thursday night working 7pm-7am until Monday
Old 09-27-2005, 04:12 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CrewCabOnDubz
i get to go back to work starting on Thursday night working 7pm-7am until Monday
sounds like alot of mod money
Old 09-27-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
sounds like alot of mod money
nope, I'm on salary, and they're giving me days off here and there so they dont have to pay me overtime. *******
Old 09-28-2005, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CrewCabOnDubz
nope, I'm on salary, and they're giving me days off here and there so they dont have to pay me overtime. *******

stop crying!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ap2002
stop crying!!!
hey, give me your address, I have some poop in a bag for you!

Quick Reply: Texas, Guess it's our turn....hurricane