Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Relocating to Gulf Coast Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 06:53 PM
formerly turbo4.8 (2014-06-25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating to Gulf Coast Suggestions

My family and I are looking to relocate when we exit the Army this year. Should be right around August. We are looking for a town somewhere in-between Sarasota and Spring Hill. Not looking to head much further South as we want to stay closer to Family (Spring Hill). But what would be some good towns to check out and look to live in? I have two daughters 5 & 2 and my wife and I are both 26. We are taking a trip at the end of June and are trying to put together some sort of game plan. Would like to stay within 30 min of the Gulf and if possible not live on top of my neighbors. They don't like hearing open exhaust and turbo noises at Midnight Also, how is the Car scene in the area? Mexico? Any tracks close by? Appreciate all the help as I can always find good people on here.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKSSLTT
My family and I are looking to relocate when we exit the Army this year. Should be right around August. We are looking for a town somewhere in-between Sarasota and Spring Hill. Not looking to head much further South as we want to stay closer to Family (Spring Hill). But what would be some good towns to check out and look to live in? I have two daughters 5 & 2 and my wife and I are both 26. We are taking a trip at the end of June and are trying to put together some sort of game plan. Would like to stay within 30 min of the Gulf and if possible not live on top of my neighbors. They don't like hearing open exhaust and turbo noises at Midnight Also, how is the Car scene in the area? Mexico? Any tracks close by? Appreciate all the help as I can always find good people on here.

Stay the fk out of Tampa/St. Pete. It's overcrowded enough as it is.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 765 Likes on 564 Posts

^ I agree with that. I used to vacation down in englewood/ venice area. Best beaches in florida if you ask me especially for fishing. If you dont mind living in an old person town I think its perfect not much crime not much traffic just warm weather and old people.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anywhere between Tampa/Spring Hill is pretty nice(stay out of tampa). Brooksville is nice, kinda has everything a bigger city has. Also heard good things about New Port Richie, but never been there. Im 28 and live in Clermont which is about 1.5hrs from tampa bay. Big car scene for sure, and it changes depending where you go. Most of that area is still...pretty "country"... which is nice. I know there is a track in Lakeland. think its only 1/8th mi but not sure. Never been there.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:12 PM
formerly turbo4.8 (2014-06-25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to know. I will be staying in family members rental for a few months until we decide exactly which area we want to be in. Also am taking a 2 weeks vacation traveling all over west and east south florida. That will be june 24 ish time frame. I look forward to figuring out this next step. Unfortunately still looking for employment ....
Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 765 Likes on 564 Posts

Clermont! My uncle lives in green swamp clermont beautiful area love the clermont chain of lakes!

Good thing about florida theres everything you could think of from rednieck land to city night life. I;m sure you will find a Job soon just gotta keep looking.