Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

F-Body Shootout -- Silver Dollar/GA

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
That sucks Hope you get it fixed soon.
You and me both. I work out of the truck. If I can get my hands on a 5.7 block I could be up and running in about 7-10 days.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats not cool but it shouldnt be that hard to find a 5.7 block around atlanta. Are you just looking for a reg 5.7 Ill ask around see if anyone has any spare blocks. Also if ya would tell cablebandit to post up on the FS georgia forum again sometime we need more members right now its pretty much just me an joe in there.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Spencer, call me when u get the chance- i didnt know if you were busy or not.

I'm just shooting for low 14's sunday... having some tuning issues... damn p0171 (TPS code)... really pisses me off... and there is a pin hole leak in the intake. Those are my excuses at least, lol.

Does anyone know those guys who run the 30's body style trucks... i remember last time i was at silver dollar there were two in the low 10's and a few in the 11's. Those trucks are bad tho.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Well im hoping to not punch it off the line an walk it to a low 14.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont think im going to make it any more... just found out that it may rain tomorrow... I dont really want to make a 6 hr round trip drive for nothin... so i'll spare the gas. Im def going to try and go in the next week or so.. i'll start a new thread next week sometime.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
I dont think im going to make it any more... just found out that it may rain tomorrow... I dont really want to make a 6 hr round trip drive for nothin... so i'll spare the gas. Im def going to try and go in the next week or so.. i'll start a new thread next week sometime.
I don't see any mention of rain in the forecast. Come on down it will be a blast.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
I don't see any mention of rain in the forecast. Come on down it will be a blast.
I didnt either... but I just sat down and watched the weather channel.. headed our way for sunday and into next week... i just dont wanna waste the gas with rain in sight... i might change my mind tomorrow.. but we'll see. (Got a surprise when i got home today too... Jesse ended up getting my wait4me tune to me before the shootout, I think he shipped it our 2-day air which is awesome, so maybe thts a sign that i should run, lol)
Old 09-24-2005, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Yea idk If the weather is good tomarrow We might still go! Joe give me a call tomarrow an well see what the deal is i changed the springs on my Trans Governor an now if i misshift into 3rd from 1st its gonna suck I need to make a floor shifter somehow.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Both of you better show up. I'm gonna be there even though I won't have the truck. I mentioned to Jerry about getting on fuelslut.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Both of you better show up. I'm gonna be there even though I won't have the truck. I mentioned to Jerry about getting on fuelslut.
I better show up.. or what? lol jk man. Damnit spencer... i should have drove down tonite, i ended up not doing **** tonite, lol. I'll hit ya up tomorrow.. what time do u want me to call or what time do you want to get there... it takes me 2 hrs to get to ur house.

Quick Reply: F-Body Shootout -- Silver Dollar/GA