Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

Sponsor Product database?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsor Product database?

A few months ago I was looking for some rear suspension u-bolts. I wanted to buy from a sponsor, but didn't know who sold them. Opening each sponsor link and searching their web site proved too tedious, especially after checking the umpteenth sponsor that did not sell rear suspension parts. I finally gave up, used google, and quickly found a vendor, who unfortunately was not a sponsor. So an idea might be to have each sponsor provide a text listing of their products, then compile the lists into a searchable, and perhaps browsable, file. Then I could just look in the list under "u-bolt" and voila! a listing of all the sponsors who sell u-bolts. Sound good?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMC_DUDE
A few months ago I was looking for some rear suspension u-bolts. I wanted to buy from a sponsor, but didn't know who sold them. Opening each sponsor link and searching their web site proved too tedious, especially after checking the umpteenth sponsor that did not sell rear suspension parts. I finally gave up, used google, and quickly found a vendor, who unfortunately was not a sponsor. So an idea might be to have each sponsor provide a text listing of their products, then compile the lists into a searchable, and perhaps browsable, file. Then I could just look in the list under "u-bolt" and voila! a listing of all the sponsors who sell u-bolts. Sound good?
Sounds good but, I don't think it'll happen. I'll have to find the post with the problems involved. It was brought up before.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm... I did a search and didn't find anything. What would be the problem?