Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

Here's a suggestion....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
I think its a valid argument? granted he might have a biased opinion at the moment (aggression, frustration, etc.) however, be real?
This is the site suggestion section, as in suggstions to add or change in site development for the betterment of its members. Not personal feelings. If an Admin/Moderator doesn't have a truck anymore how does that change how their duties are fullfilled? It doesn't.

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
I still have a truck (granted trying to get something else), but I havent been on the site in a couple months prior to just recently...
I'm failing to see a point here in regard to the OP

Guys, I don't even know whomever Coban is referring to. But you should all know the staff here is dedicated to ensuring the site runs smoothly and remains an informative and enjoyable place to interact.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
This is the site suggestion section, as in suggstions to add or change in site development for the betterment of its members. Not personal feelings. If an Admin/Moderator doesn't have a truck anymore how does that change how their duties are fullfilled? It doesn't.

That's my thought. I am an admin on another forum for Yamaha ATV's, motorcycles, snowmachines, side by sides etc..

I Don't own half the things the site is dedicated to but that doesn't mean I don't know how to run the forum and be a fair and understanding admin.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a long list of "dead", "inactive", "not so active", and "non-truck owners" moderators. Never had any issues with a moderator losing their truck and then all of a sudden losing their ability to moderate. Was owning a truck one of the many reasons they were awarded with being a moderator? Likely. Just recently we mod'ed a member who didn't own a truck. In the "spirit" of the site, the members and staff having the "item" the site is all about obviously helps with site content. Mandatory? Not really. We are only talking a handful of people. Besides, if a mod can't be a mod because they don't have a truck then a member who doesn't have a truck shouldn't be allowed to comment or participate in truck related threads.

Now if you are sour because some mod is giving you a hard time and them not having a truck or is barely active is your lash at getting back at them...I'll gladly discuss this in a PM. Otherwise, the answer is because we don't think it's a big deal if they don't.

I think that about covers it.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:05 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In After the Lock
Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

in after the in after the lock
Old 08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr