Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RERICK
Do you have cruise control , and does it still work ?
i have cruise control in 5th but not in sixth. we need to ask allen or another big tuner if they can take the m6 portion of a f-body file and merge it with a truck file. then we would have what is needed to support cruise in 6th.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool lookin boot!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

thanks but im gonna have another one made up. we figured up and the boot is bout 2" short at the farthest throw point. but i like the way the prototype worked out.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

That looks awsome Red! I need to bookmark this thread for the future!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks For the Help.... Red Its Appreciated more than you know... Now all i have to do is find a T56, and get the clutch, and all the other misc. parts that i'm going to need... maybe i'll have the swap done before the end of the year... I'll keep ya informed with lots of pictures....
Old 11-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Where Can i go about finding an F-body slave? Out of ls1 style Camaro's Trans ams, at a junk yard? Does anybody make a new one?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

got to pep boys or auto zone. i can get a brand new from the dealer for bout 130.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Does anybody happen to know where the NV3500 Shifter comes out of the case, through the floor pan, vs. Where the T56 comes out of the case at? Reason i ask is because i found a guy who can move the T56 shifter forward(torwards the engine) 4.5 inches, being the max... I assume that 4.5 inches, still wouldn't bring me forward enough to where my shifter currently comes through the floor pan? But it would be enough, to keep my cupholders, and center seat... If anyone just has the Shifter location, from the bellhousing, to where the shifter pops through the floor pan on the T56 that would work too, i can go measure mine. Thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BSridenguy
Does anybody happen to know where the NV3500 Shifter comes out of the case, through the floor pan, vs. Where the T56 comes out of the case at? Reason i ask is because i found a guy who can move the T56 shifter forward(torwards the engine) 4.5 inches, being the max... I assume that 4.5 inches, still wouldn't bring me forward enough to where my shifter currently comes through the floor pan? But it would be enough, to keep my cupholders, and center seat... If anyone just has the Shifter location, from the bellhousing, to where the shifter pops through the floor pan on the T56 that would work too, i can go measure mine. Thanks
i dont have the exact distance but it is almost 12" difference. ill take a pic when i get under the truck this weekend. ill have everything out this weekend to replace my slave so ill take pics of everything and post it up.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Default RST brakes

after a good convo with booger. i found another point to bring up about the RST.
the brakes.

im not sure if all of the rst came with just the baer rotors or if they came with the calipers and different pads. but anyways, i went through 3 sets of wheels cuz the chrome kept pittin by the spokes. i even had a clear coat powder coat put on one and it didnt stop it. come to find out after the warranty was out the truck had stock semi-metallic pads on front and back. i quick swapped to ceramic and the wheels did not continue to pit any further. with one set of wheels the pittin started after 2-1/2 months. so be on the look out.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info