PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/silverado-ss-joe-gibbs-editions-ssr-166/)
-   -   Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/silverado-ss-joe-gibbs-editions-ssr-166/regency-rst-complete-write-up-info-404997/)

RED04REGENCYRST 03-12-2008 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Regency04 (Post 3871258)
hey RED04REGENCYRST have you upgraded your rearend? I have plans for a shit load of hp and trq and i don't think the stock rear will hold i was thinking of a 14 bolt 9.5 or a strange dana 60.

all i have is a eaton lsd and the stock gears for right now. but i plan to upgrade my axles and go to a 4.10 gear. if im not badly fooled most of the guys on here are runnin the 10-bolt rearends and makin huge power and not blowin them apart.

Originally Posted by 2004RST (Post 3871293)
hey i'm at around 41k miles anyone else have to replace shocks this soon? truck kinda jumps when i'm doin 60 nd hit small bumps...and if isn't there a way to get a couple inches drop in the rear by flipping the bracket or somethin? thanks guys

replaced mine after 50,000 miles and when i took the driver side off i had to put vise grips on the piston rod so i could get it out. it had come unbolted from the piston inside the shock. and the bad thing is i have only put like 20,000 on since then and i think my driver side shock is goin bad again.:mad: i went back to the shock that ground force put on. if i have to replace them again im gonna find some other shock to go with.

who knows of a good shock for lowered trucks? (other than ground force)

SBTork 03-12-2008 11:03 AM

i'd say Edelbrock on the shock issue.

booger78z28 03-12-2008 04:05 PM

my truck rides the same, but i just thought it did that because its lowered and the 20's....

a98ws6 03-12-2008 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST (Post 3871058)
if your airdam is like the one on booger's truck then that looks like the factory airdam. and your right the chevy airdam is different

for a 4/6 drop you will have to change the spindel up front and the spring if i remember correctly and in the back you have to c-notch and do a flip kit. other than that im not sure.

I just wanted to know so I can possibly go back to a stock factory fog light?
That sucks about the spindles and all. I think I can just piece together a 4/6 with the right springs and or control arms?

OneQwikSS 03-14-2008 02:50 AM

anyone race any other sierras? i've got a buddy w/ a '04 5.3 quad cab w/ intake exhaust & i think a chip...think i gotta chance? i dont get it cause i've raced a hemi quad cab ram and walked on him but i'm thinkin the 5.3's got me watta u think?

RED04REGENCYRST 03-14-2008 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2004RST (Post 3873049)
anyone race any other sierras? i've got a buddy w/ a '04 5.3 quad cab w/ intake exhaust & i think a chip...think i gotta chance? i dont get it cause i've raced a hemi quad cab ram and walked on him but i'm thinkin the 5.3's got me watta u think?

your a 5.3 right? you might have him with the weight difference. the only advantage he may have over you is if he launches in 4 wheel. but hell even if he gets you its all bout the fun of runnin right?

Regency04 03-15-2008 12:20 AM

Hey i got me some pacesetter longtube headers. They came in well yesterday along with my 305/50r20. They look alot bigger than just a 1.5 they will fit on the back but i'll find out about 9am this moring if they fit on the front.

OneQwikSS 03-16-2008 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST (Post 3873067)
your a 5.3 right? you might have him with the weight difference. the only advantage he may have over you is if he launches in 4 wheel. but hell even if he gets you its all bout the fun of runnin right?

lol not when you've got $$$ on it...& no i've got a 4.8

04RST 03-16-2008 01:02 AM

U def have a chance. I race my friends sierra w/ the 5.3 4x4 scsb with lts, ory and tune and I beat him on the roll no prob. I can take him off the line with a decent launch and hitting 3rd. Just get a good launch.

On a side note.....

What kind of oil pressure you guys seein on ur RSTs.....mines seems wierd lately. I'm at 40 at idle but at WOT it goes up to/past 80....what are yours?

booger78z28 03-16-2008 05:28 AM

my oil pressure is about the same as yours.....

but now i think im getting the all to well known LS motor "piston slap" now..

i can hear it whens its cold and sometimes when its warm, the wifes LS1 does it and they told me to get used to it lol