Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No not a all, truck looks good bud! But it's warmer is SC, mind taking care of mine next? I'm in Germany for 3 Months!

Thanks RED04. I'm thinking of switching over to v6 springs and DJM/Q1's setup for track fun. Been 1.51's and a few 1.52's, but looking for some 1.4's. Currently on the blue springs and lakewood 90/10's.

Also is there an easy way to drop the rear another inch? Looking at the 3inch DJM's on front and I think the current ground force drop on the rear will leave me a little high.

Last edited by foose04; 01-27-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foose04
Also is there an easy way to drop the rear another inch? Looking at the 3inch DJM's on front and I think the current ground force drop on the rear will leave me a little high.
do you still have overloads on your truck? spring clamps may be the easiest way to get the rear down.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foose04 - have you moved the shackle to the top hole? If not that will give you another 1" drop in the rear.

5speed - If he pulls the overload spring it will make spring pack weak, and could cause spring warp leading to wheel hop, unless he is running cal-tracs. Then it would drop maybe 1/2". I don't recommend spring clams, they make the truck ride rough as hell.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i wouldn't remove the over load. i actually prefer the clamped springs over no clamps the rear isn't as bouncy as stock. has a firmer ride, and more solid feeling around corners. not for every one.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM

I need some help. /:
I have an 04 Chevy Regency, and my clutch slave cylinder or whatever is leaking. Can someone link me to a place where I can buy the correct one? and also a clutch for it too.. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chris Kennelley
I need some help. /:
I have an 04 Chevy Regency, and my clutch slave cylinder or whatever is leaking. Can someone link me to a place where I can buy the correct one? and also a clutch for it too.. Thanks.
Welcome to the site, post up some pics if your RST.

You can get the slave cylinder at your local stealership, or check a local parts store. Be sure you get the throwout bearing as well as the base. You can upgrade to the 02 metal base, all you have to do is remove the roll pin that hold the connector for the hydraulic line and swap the one from your old one to the new one. As far as a clutch goes, internet is the best place. If I remember correctly your 5-speed input shaft is a 10 spline.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
You can get the slave cylinder at your local stealership

stealership!!! HAHAHAHA, so true...
Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Hey guys, Chris Kennelley is me, had to deactivate my Facebook. -__-
But I got the Slave cylinder and a new throwout bearing. About that drill mod, where exactly do I do the drilling? But since I work at the local "stealership", I can get all my parts at managers discount, so I picked up both parts for about $100.
But if y'all could help me out with the drilling mod that would help me out. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DefToi
Hey guys, Chris Kennelley is me, had to deactivate my Facebook. -__-
But I got the Slave cylinder and a new throwout bearing. About that drill mod, where exactly do I do the drilling? But since I work at the local "stealership", I can get all my parts at managers discount, so I picked up both parts for about $100.
But if y'all could help me out with the drilling mod that would help me out. Thanks.
At the top of this thread there is a button that says "search this thread" click that and type in drill mod. I have described how to do it several times in this thread.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

I've tried searching, but I'm more of a visual learner. But we dropped my tranny out and replaced slave cylinder. No more leaks. It had a small leak on the boot, just enough to annoy me. But I did that and I pulled the instrument cluster apart and I soldered some new motors for all the gauges so they won't act up anymore. Overall, it was a good day.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info