Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Best Joe Gibbs truck times?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Joe Gibbs truck times?

Was wondering what were some of the times the JG trucks have put down. There isnt any in my area that i know of and have never seen one in person go down the track. I know chevy built the trucks kinda to compare with the lightnings being a V8 and supercharged.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are ones out there much much faster than me. I ran a 12.49 @109 and my tune wasn't great. I have since added 3 PSI of boost, and methanol injection. I would like to get into the 11's this year.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svtlightning02
Was wondering what were some of the times the JG trucks have put down. There isnt any in my area that i know of and have never seen one in person go down the track. I know chevy built the trucks kinda to compare with the lightnings being a V8 and supercharged.
Just to correct you, but GM didn't actually build the JG trucks it was a special order where a JG autorized dealership could special order the trucks from the plant and they were sent to JG then to the dealer. If you take your VIN number to the dealer it will show a basic silverado with the GM installed options not the JG options.

Also parts were not offered through the dealer you had to talk to Fabian which was the consumer contact at JG.

Unfortunately GM never had a production truck to compete with the FERD trucks... Had they it would have been just like the ZR1.... trumps anything ford builds!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:01 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not 100% positive, but I think Lamborado's truck is a JG.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sprayed99
Just to correct you, but GM didn't actually build the JG trucks it was a special order where a JG autorized dealership could special order the trucks from the plant and they were sent to JG then to the dealer. If you take your VIN number to the dealer it will show a basic silverado with the GM installed options not the JG options.

Also parts were not offered through the dealer you had to talk to Fabian which was the consumer contact at JG.

Unfortunately GM never had a production truck to compete with the FERD trucks... Had they it would have been just like the ZR1.... trumps anything ford builds!!!!!!!
lol i havent seen a zr1 beat a ford cobra jet yet. the corba jet is running in the 9s with basic tune and boltons, but then again ford dont build a car out of fiberglass. for the price the zr1 is a joke. you can buy a $32k new 5.0 mustang and with a supercharger, tune and exhaust run in the mid 10s vs a $100k car that runs low 11s
Old 09-10-2011, 10:37 PM
doesn't know what quit means

this is my truck hitting a 13 flat on street tires frogging it @ 107mph, later on that night i hit a 12.9, this is a 6.0 N/A build for boost, now is procharged

La Joe gibbs - YouTube
Old 09-12-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol i havent seen a zr1 beat a ford cobra jet yet. the corba jet is running in the 9s with basic tune and boltons, but then again ford dont build a car out of fiberglass. for the price the zr1 is a joke. you can buy a $32k new 5.0 mustang and with a supercharger, tune and exhaust run in the mid 10s vs a $100k car that runs low 11s
LMAO... another FORD owner that looks at one aspect. FYI you are comparing factory released 1/4 mile times versus a modded cars times that was built specifically for drag racing.

The avg. factory Zr1 times is 10.7-10.8 on factory tires... now you add good tires and that time goes to 10.5-10.6. boltons and tuning like you are comparing above and you are easily in the 9.8 range.... So much for your world beater of a comparison... ZR1 is carbon fiber not fiberglass... I bet you think the Z06 is also a full fiberglass car...Nope

Yes you are right about the mousetang... they run alright until you actually have to use the steering wheel then its all over. As with all of Fords so called muscle cars... sound nasty, run okay going straight, but when it comes to actually tracking that pile of **** you might as well just live in the tire barriers.

So morale of this little event... oranges to oranges comparison

The cobra jet (factory built drag car) with tuning and bolt ons is about the same as a ZR1 with tuning and bolt ons (a factory built all around car)

so I will give you your possible winner on the 1/4 track, but the mousetang quickly falls to the bottom of the list in any other event.....

Remember Folks buy a mousetang and hope to god you never have to try to use the sterring wheel!!!!!!!

GO BACK TO YOUR FORD SECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by sprayed99; 09-12-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sprayed99
LMAO... another FORD owner that looks at one aspect. FYI you are comparing factory released 1/4 mile times versus a modded cars times that was built specifically for drag racing.

The avg. factory Zr1 times is 10.7-10.8 on factory tires... now you add good tires and that time goes to 10.5-10.6. boltons and tuning like you are comparing above and you are easily in the 9.8 range.... So much for your world beater of a comparison... ZR1 is carbon fiber not fiberglass... I bet you think the Z06 is also a full fiberglass car...Nope

Yes you are right about the mousetang... they run alright until you actually have to use the steering wheel then its all over. As with all of Fords so called muscle cars... sound nasty, run okay going straight, but when it comes to actually tracking that pile of **** you might as well just live in the tire barriers.

So morale of this little event... oranges to oranges comparison

The cobra jet (factory built drag car) with tuning and bolt ons is about the same as a ZR1 with tuning and bolt ons (a factory built all around car)

so I will give you your possible winner on the 1/4 track, but the mousetang quickly falls to the bottom of the list in any other event.....

Remember Folks buy a mousetang and hope to god you never have to try to use the sterring wheel!!!!!!!

GO BACK TO YOUR FORD SECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
ok show me a factory stock zr1 off the shoe room that runs 10s. you look at car and driver they run 11.2-11.3s. here is what your piece of **** $100k corvette is made of watch this video and listen very well *** whipe
here is ur plastic car
Corvette ZR1 vs Audi R8 - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube
stock zr1
C6 ZR1 "zosix427" PR 11.24 Bone-Stock on Stock Tires - YouTube
Old 09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

sprayed99 if you read the header i asked about the Joe gibbs truck
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sprayed99 if you read the header i asked about the Joe gibbs truck
And I had some answers for you... then you continued with your "i want to measure dicks" reply... so in the end I just responded to your ignorance, and you cluttered your thread up on your own.

In response to your videos... Go to the C6 Z06 forum and simply look under their sub-forums for the ZR1 track times... has slips and all....

Or use your lovely youtube and type it in... first one that popped up under google is a 10.74 oh and the next one down is a 10.85!

Oh and get off your high horse.... Way to act like a child with the *** wipe comment....

have a GREAT DAY!!!!!

Quick Reply: Best Joe Gibbs truck times?