PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Other thing about that connector ive found is that the NQH (mp3023) has some very dedicated wires running through it... Most of them say nqh or npo, but i do believe there were one or two that said just nqh... I think at this point i could use the harness out of the 14 yukon provided i can get all the pink wires sorted out going to the fuse box connector.... Of course that harness was cut damn near at the main harness, they went through hassle of disconnecting everything else why the hell couldnt they disconnect that hell its only a single bolt!!! Other option is finding a complete harness from a truck or suv with an nqh transfer case....preferrably out of a 6.0 or 6.2 truck not that i am really worried about the dod connector hanging around! Wonder if they offered the nqh tcase in any of the 2500 trucks as early as 08!! I dont know what difference it would make but the 09 and up harness have wires for a brake pedal position sensor that my 08 doesnt have. Time to pull a 2500 schematic....
Old 08-13-2016, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

This whole harness issue makes me wanna find a 2wd nnbs truck and swap the denali/escalade harness i have into it with the 5.3 out of the yukon... Or for that matter get the l96 block back and get it back together and throw it in.... That or start selling off some of the extra parts i have...
Old 08-15-2016, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Decided to take the vin off the receipt for my transfer case and see how much it was going to be for a new harness.... $198 but going to be a week or so.... Going to see if i cant repair the harness i have in the meantime.... Thing that gets me is the 4500 pink wires going to the fuse box are going to be a pain the ars to rewire... Guess its time to break out the dvom!!!

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 08-15-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe im impatient or just plain out of my mind, but i am having this crazy *** idea of pulling the 6l80/transfer case and vvt wiring out of the cut up yukon harness i have and adding it to my stock harness and getting my engine trans and transfer case swapped this weekend.... I have decided to either sell the denali/escalade harness i have or hold on to it in the event i happen across a 2wd pickup that happens to need an engine and trans swapped into it...
Old 08-18-2016, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

So after further deliberation, i gave up on pulling the wiring harness apart, dont have anywhere near enough patience for that right now, nor the time, considering i would pull the existing harness apart and remove what i wasnt using and add the whole trans/transfer case extension part of the harness! Swapping connectors for map and maf and adding the ac low pressure sensor is going to be much quicker!
Old 08-19-2016, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Trans cooler contemplation....

I need a trans cooler, already have the lines for the 6l80 to add the auxiliary cooler. I dont really want a 40k just because of the cost of it, i would like a bit larger than oe cooler, but would prefer to use quick disconnects rather than some push on barb fittings. Does anyone know if there is a cooler other than the 40k that has a female threaded inlet that would either accept the trans fittings orbe able to be adapted to them?
Old 08-21-2016, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
I need a trans cooler, already have the lines for the 6l80 to add the auxiliary cooler. I dont really want a 40k just because of the cost of it, i would like a bit larger than oe cooler, but would prefer to use quick disconnects rather than some push on barb fittings. Does anyone know if there is a cooler other than the 40k that has a female threaded inlet that would either accept the trans fittings orbe able to be adapted to them?
Can't say that I do... But I know there 40k is on Amazon for about a hundred dollars..
Old 08-21-2016, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe i will look into that, also wondering if the radiator shop in town couldnt either build me one or modify one to work!
Old 08-28-2016, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Had a few minutes at work today while i was waiting for the internal tank on the ac machine to fill itself, so i went ahead and installed my new shift lever, which was quite simple, took my longer to get the tools together walking back and forth to the toolbox.... For anyone else that needs to do this its quite simple... The column shrouds if the retaining tabs arent broke arent bolted in place so just squeeze the bottom cover slightly towards the dash and the front of the halves will separate, then lightly pull the rest of it down kinda squeezing the sides of the bottom half in as you pull down around the edges, if your hands are small enough you can probably reach in and disconnect the harness connector, ifnot, take the 2 phillips head screws out of the bottom of the knee bolster and pull the clips out of their holes, disconnect the harness, remove the two little retainers from the column, grab a t27 torx bit and 1/4 ratchet remove the bolt and pull the shift lever out of the column, remove the shift lever boot and transfer to new shift lever, install new shift lever in column reroute the harness, and put everything back together.... All in all about 5-10 minutes from start to finish!! Probably the quickest easiest part of this swap!!

Old shifter, getting ready to come out...

Lowered the knee bolster and removed the tilt lever and column shrouds

The t27 bolt that holds the shifter in place

Shifter harness disconnected... Only reason i dropped the top of the knee bolster down really

Shofter boot slides on and off the shft lever!

New shifter installed!!

Some of the pics were taken way out of order, oh well..... Excuse the trash i pulled from behind the console while i was down there...

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 08-28-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Picked up a tru-cool 20k today $67, didnt want the expense of a 40k at this point and the 20k will mount damn near like the factory cooler but is still twice the size, now just need the fittings for it, which i am about to do..... Hoping to get cluster in tomorrow between jobs, and start on the engine/trans swap in next day or two.... Starting with reponning the harness for a few things....

Quick Reply: 2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread