SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Aftermarket headlights are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's 4300k HID headlights and 5400k HID foglights

I just took that with my phone
Old 07-08-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have piaa's in my 03 silvy in the headlamps and fog lights. they are brighter than my brights and i love em!!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Xenarc X2020 HID's
Old 08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JSmith
Sylvania Silverstars.
Ditto
but high beam bulbs in all four
Old 08-12-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Ive got the Xenarcs and they made a big improvement at night and day. They look really cool. I got them for $420 with a set silverstar brights that Ive never flicked on.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaitinToDrag
im lookin at those Angeleye projectors from carparts.com for my sierra. and of you silvy guys heard anything about those?
I have them on my truck. they are the ones with the projection and angel eyes. I love them and they work good, i got mine off of ebay
Old 08-12-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

plasmaglows. Unreal difference made, but the blue took some getting used to. Also, people flash their lights at me all the time thinking they're on bright.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:45 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html
I will let this website back me up when I say that true HID lighting is a combination of the actual HID bulbs and ballasts and the headlamp housing. I got flak from someone when I stated this same opinion on GMFS(you know who you are).
You will get glare if you just toss an HID kit (bulbs and ballasts) into your stock headlamps(designed for halogen bulbs). It won't look right, it just won't. Pay special attention to the section entitled, "OEM RETROFIT VERSUS KIT CONVERSIONS"

I know some of you have seen the threads about people asking if anyone has used the LED bulbs in their tail lights. Same concept here, the tail light housings were designed to use halogen bulbs that disperse light everywhere and not designed for the conical output that LEDs put out. You get me?

If you have a Chevy, get the Xenarcs(reflector based headlamp housing), if you have a GMC, get the Denali projectors(projector based housing, duh) and a high quality HID kit, IE Sylvania/Osram, Phillips ballasts and bulbs.
The Xenarcs cost a lot for a reason, you get what you pay for
Old 08-13-2004, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chingon
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html
I will let this website back me up when I say that true HID lighting is a combination of the actual HID bulbs and ballasts and the headlamp housing. I got flak from someone when I stated this same opinion on GMFS(you know who you are).
You will get glare if you just toss an HID kit (bulbs and ballasts) into your stock headlamps(designed for halogen bulbs). It won't look right, it just won't. Pay special attention to the section entitled, "OEM RETROFIT VERSUS KIT CONVERSIONS"

I know some of you have seen the threads about people asking if anyone has used the LED bulbs in their tail lights. Same concept here, the tail light housings were designed to use halogen bulbs that disperse light everywhere and not designed for the conical output that LEDs put out. You get me?

If you have a Chevy, get the Xenarcs(reflector based headlamp housing), if you have a GMC, get the Denali projectors(projector based housing, duh) and a high quality HID kit, IE Sylvania/Osram, Phillips ballasts and bulbs.
The Xenarcs cost a lot for a reason, you get what you pay for
your right except for this part "get the Denali projectors(projector based housing, duh) and a high quality HID kit, IE Sylvania/Osram, Phillips ballasts and bulbs". the denali projectors are also meant for halogen bulbs the glare isnt really tha bad, but the cutoff is a lil crazy. a whole HID projector retrofit would be the best for lighting. i wanna do a projector retrofit with either some audi or BMW projectors. but i cant seem to stop with the go fast mods
Old 08-13-2004, 03:08 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Mercedes, for example, uses projector style headlamp housings. I can't say that the Denali projectors are the same quality as the Mercedes projectors, but they are both projector headlamps. You can use halogen bulbs in headlamps made for HIDs, just not the other way around. I think they didn't put HIDs in the Denali headlamps to cut costs, I could be wrong though

I would like to retrofit those Audi projectors. I love that purple look when you see them coming down the road from far away, then slowly turn to that bright, crystal clear white when they are up close.

Quick Reply: What Aftermarket headlights are you using?