SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SnapTint

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 5% on the side and on the back glass and 20% on the windshield. I have no problem driving at night. and during the day the glare is minimized dramaticaly. Plus, its cool when ppl cant see who you are.lol.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:16 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by moes04silverado
I agree with all of the above!!!

TX your truck just is !! nothing like a stepside!!!
thank you sir
Old 11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

how close do you have to be to see through 20%? I was thinking 50% on the windshield...is that enough to do anything?
are you sure that you dont need to compensate for the factory tint? i dont want two side by side windows that are different colors
Old 11-21-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

if you have factory tint in the back, i know that 5% on the front 2 windows and 15% over the rear windows will make them the exact same shade
Old 11-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Import Moderator

its illegal to tint a windshield, less you talkin bout a visor. i got factory tint on the back window + 20% on the back then i got 20% on my 2 sides on my blue truck and youd never even notice its diff colors, trust me you wont notice
Old 11-21-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dropkick13
how long did you have it on for? I mean, you can pick up tint at walmart but that stuff turns purple. is this decent stuff?

...im hoping military ID will keep me from getting those silly tickets
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Precu...spagenameZWDVW

I had it on for about a month. This is not the same stuff, I think its Laminar Film, its not plastic **** like you'll get at Autozone type places. It is very good quality, JUST DON'T CREASE IT. It goes on well and fits perfect, I got 30% and it matched the rear glass tint, but in the lovely state of NH its illegal to have any tint on the front two windows. Live Free or Die
Old 11-21-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04BlackSilverado
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Precu...spagenameZWDVW

I had it on for about a month. This is not the same stuff, I think its Laminar Film, its not plastic **** like you'll get at Autozone type places. It is very good quality, JUST DON'T CREASE IT. It goes on well and fits perfect, I got 30% and it matched the rear glass tint, but in the lovely state of NH its illegal to have any tint on the front two windows. Live Free or Die

hey at least you got fireworks and can ride a motorcycle with no helmet.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

the tint shops around me kinda suck... the tint bubbles and what not after a while... but they do warantee their work. is it easy to not have it bubble if i do this myself? one of my friends said tinting is a huge PITA.

also can i tint over the factory tint and not notice a color difference between the windows that have the factory tint and the windows that dont?
Old 11-22-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinF56

hey at least you got fireworks and can ride a motorcycle with no helmet.

I take advantage of the fireworks on the 4th

Too bad I don't have a bike, but I'd still have a helmet anyways....

Originally Posted by dropkick13
the tint shops around me kinda suck... the tint bubbles and what not after a while... but they do warantee their work. is it easy to not have it bubble if i do this myself? one of my friends said tinting is a huge PITA.

also can i tint over the factory tint and not notice a color difference between the windows that have the factory tint and the windows that dont?
I had no bubbles. An old credit card works awesome, just follow the directions and if your doing the fronts, take the door panels off, its much easier. It would be a PITA if you had to cut them to fit!!! but these you don't.

The tint had the same color as factory, not blue or purple, its smoked black.
Its good stuff
Old 11-22-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by beastmode
its illegal to tint a windshield, less you talkin bout a visor. i got factory tint on the back window + 20% on the back then i got 20% on my 2 sides on my blue truck and youd never even notice its diff colors, trust me you wont notice

My tint guy did a strip on top my windsheild, turned out cool I think. Really helps a lot when driving into the sun. My rear is like 5% and the sides are two shades below legal from what I've been told.