SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silverado SS Seats Different from non-SS??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Did any SSS come with a brownish interior or are they all the dark gray/black?

Nope -- C3s did though. Maybe Sierra Denali's too? Oh -- duh -- maybe Avalanche too (although mine is the same color as the SSS)
Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody made the swap to leathers then? Just wondering if I'm the only one who felt a significant difference between the cloth and leathers.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah The Leather Definitely Feels Alot Nicer...
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Nope -- C3s did though. Maybe Sierra Denali's too? Oh -- duh -- maybe Avalanche too (although mine is the same color as the SSS)
Thanks for the helpful post Erik. I have what GM calls neutral brown, which isnt a **** brown but the lightest brown color interior GM made but it seems to be hard to find also. My clothe seats are still going strong with 180K on them so I have plenty of time to find some.

Agrief, the main thing I noticed about the SSS seats was the added side bolstering not so much the difference in feel of the material. Would be nice to have during some "performance" driving.

If you are just wanting the better seat material katskins for front buckets can be had for ~450 and are even better material then OEM stuff.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm actually more curious on what would entail swapping the decent manual cloth buckets to the power SS seats... Would it be a simple pigtail harness and a fuse or something?

Anyone know?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeZQ8SS
I'm actually more curious on what would entail swapping the decent manual cloth buckets to the power SS seats... Would it be a simple pigtail harness and a fuse or something?

Anyone know?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

im pretty sure you would need a new body harness.... you may also either need a reprogrammed body control module, or a different one... if i rememebr corrctly the seats have their own modules too, and youlle have to possibly get different door panels, and switches to control which driver it is programmed to... also to control the heated seats that i believe most of them came with sorry guys this is not fact but i do believe it would be about what is required.

dont mean to be the bearer of bad news
Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no such thing as bad info, that kinda stuff would be good to know before someone buys big dollar seats and can't make 'em work

If that is actually all that's required that is...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeZQ8SS
no such thing as bad info, that kinda stuff would be good to know before someone buys big dollar seats and can't make 'em work

If that is actually all that's required that is...

i like your title.... but i think i may be the lowest hp/tq mod
Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Agrief, the main thing I noticed about the SSS seats was the added side bolstering not so much the difference in feel of the material. Would be nice to have during some "performance" driving.

If you are just wanting the better seat material katskins for front buckets can be had for ~450 and are even better material then OEM stuff.
Ahhh, I hear ya, so even if I added the nicer material on my seats, it still won't feel the same, probably a little different stiffness too if it's like that. I would think just getting 12V to the power module would allow you to get the power seats to work, no? I don't need to have memory seats, I just need to be able to get the seat to move.

Quick Reply: Silverado SS Seats Different from non-SS??