SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New truck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice truck Bro! Already has bigger tires i see.

You are going to love all that TQ!!!

Get a nice EFI live tune that will grow with you as your power demands change. Dont waste money on ANY thing else!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i think ill go EFI live

who did your efi live tune? Im going to consider at nick@duramaxtuner as i see i can get the dsp2 with a 50rwhp tow tune and a 90rwhp sport tune which are safe for the stock trans!!

Last edited by Jeteys5.3; 11-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:09 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
yeah i think ill go EFI live. Can they make tunes considered a "race" tune but safe for a stock allison 6spd? Or just a solid 70-80hp tune safe on the trans to whoop those cummins and powerjokes? lol
Most certainly can! I have 4 buddies running stock alisons with nice 80+ horse tunes that are pretty damn fast trucks.

If i were you, the first mod i would do is install a TRansGo shift kit for the allison, all thats required is valve body removal and a couple of new holes and some small parts, no biggie.

This mod in a 6 speed ally will help it hold up to a 100 RWHP tune.

Then get with Duramax tuner or Idaho Rob to get EFI live tuning, you should get a DSP 5 switch so you can have 5 diff tunes to play with, Race, daily driver, tow tune, smoke tune for tailgaters .....

The stock intake is great on an LBZ, no need to replace. Save your money.

Ditch the exhaust and run a Turbo back cat delete down pipe and the rest striaght pipe with no muffler, trust me you wont know you dont have a muffler till you stand on it, then she will growl.

Just save money and get a complete summit or jegs 4'' turbo back it. Pipe is pipe.

Stay away from overpriced and underpowered Banks stuff!!!!

Also get a pyro and boost gauge, as well as an EGR blocker and call it a day!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want a duramax so bad. I'm def jealous. My dad has one and I love takin it out every once in awhile. As far as your mirrors, I thought I had a link on gmfs but I can't seem to find it. I just went to ebay and typed in silverado towing mirrors but here is the link.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=sil....c0.m270.l1313
Old 11-07-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Most certainly can! I have 4 buddies running stock alisons with nice 80+ horse tunes that are pretty damn fast trucks.

If i were you, the first mod i would do is install a TRansGo shift kit for the allison, all thats required is valve body removal and a couple of new holes and some small parts, no biggie.

This mod in a 6 speed ally will help it hold up to a 100 RWHP tune.

Then get with Duramax tuner or Idaho Rob to get EFI live tuning, you should get a DSP 5 switch so you can have 5 diff tunes to play with, Race, daily driver, tow tune, smoke tune for tailgaters .....

The stock intake is great on an LBZ, no need to replace. Save your money.

Ditch the exhaust and run a Turbo back cat delete down pipe and the rest striaght pipe with no muffler, trust me you wont know you dont have a muffler till you stand on it, then she will growl.

Just save money and get a complete summit or jegs 4'' turbo back it. Pipe is pipe.

Stay away from overpriced and underpowered Banks stuff!!!!

Also get a pyro and boost gauge, as well as an EGR blocker and call it a day!
yeah i hate banks too. I do plan on the turbo back 4" straight pipe. Good call on the jegs or summit pipe, im sure they are much cheaper than the "mbrp" or "magnaflow" kits which are just pipe too when you don't have a muffler

Do they have any fitment issues though? thats the only thing i'd be worried about?

I'm going to get the exhaust done as well as autometer sportcomp II pyro and boost gauges at the same time. Then worry about the tune

Last edited by Jeteys5.3; 11-07-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

TIM Z, can you PM me with a link to the summit/jegs kits? Only found one on jeg's site and it has a muffler and mentions reusing the stock cat
Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
TIM Z, can you PM me with a link to the summit/jegs kits? Only found one on jeg's site and it has a muffler and mentions reusing the stock cat
Sorry you gotta look like I have to LOL!

But im 99% sure you will have to buy a system that has a muffler and you'll need to buy a muffler delete pipe. Summit is your best bet.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok so the muffler with the kits bolts on with the rest of the piping then? that way the muffler delete pipe will fit right in
Old 11-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I miss mine every day, worst decision Ive made vehicle wise was getting rid of mine. Youll love it, especially once you get some mods on it.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you get rid of your other truck?? also, look on ebay for exhaust... you can get them for under $300

Quick Reply: New truck!