SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ram Owner...time for a customized bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram Owner...time for a customized bedliner?

Hello all! I'm the proud owner of a black 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Sport. So far (~100 miles) I love the vehicle!

Basically, I'm going to put my own bedliner in using the UV protected Durabak. I've had good success out of the product in the past, and I'm going to put it on my Ram once the temperatures rise up again.

My question is this: I have an idea (bright, or not) to attempt to make the bedliner look like the paint that's on my truck. I've thought about the idea of dusting the drying last layer of bedliner with some fine black metalflake (not a lot) to give it the somewhat same look as my truck's paint. What I'm wanting to do is to have metalflake to show like the clearcoat on the truck's body.

Has anyone tried this before? Is there specific stuff I should use? I didn't think mixing in w/ the urethane would work since all that'll do is cover the metalflake in bedliner. Am I partially retarded for even having an idea such as this, and thus should be banished? Any and all ideas/thoughts are appreciated.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

How About Post In The Dodge Section
Old 07-06-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

I Didnt Get To Finish My Last Post. Anyways, I Saw On Trucks (the Tv Show) They Used Some Kind Of Red Paint In With The Bedliner And Made It Black Background With A Red Splatter On Top With A Big White Chevy Symbol In The Middle , And All With Bedliner Spray. Maybee You Can Find That Episode On The Net Somewhere
Old 07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Teching In

I didn't post in the Dodge section because it's basically a general bedliner question...and didn't want to **** off everyone right off the bat with double-posting. :-) I just want to do something different, yet cool, with my bedliner besides the solid color deal.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen ads in the back of some truck magazines with custom bedliner colors to match the vehicles paint. Maybe you can dig up something from the net of a company that specializes in that.