Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pics with black bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pics with black bumpers

Here is the new and improved version of my truck. I've been wanting to do this ever since I bought it in July 2004. The bumpers are good quality but the overall fit and finish is not OEM. It's OK because my truck is not (and never will be) a show truck. I think I'm finished with the appearance of my truck. Maybe later I'll get a set of Joe Gibbs wheels or grey Torq Thrust ST's. I dunno...I might even get a set of Silverado 17's. A 2/4 drop would be nice but I use my truck as a truck sometimes. . Anyways, enjoy...

Old 12-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks good but i think the JGP 20s would REALLY make it look 100x better
Old 12-10-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Damn, I bet it's hard to find your truck in the dark J/k the painted bumpers really make it look good, one sharp ride
Old 12-10-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Truck looks great!! Some 05 Silverado wheels would clean it up real good. Pretty economical too.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks slick. I think cleared lenses (headlights and corners) along with a grille insert would make it look awesome. I like the grille on it now though; I've seen one that the insert was a little lighter than yours and made a nice contrast. Looks good man.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

that is sweet! Its got a nice smooth look to it, i think you should go with the gray torq thrust st's.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The color matched bumpers look awesome...that's a mod on my definite wish list I think some JGP wheels would definitely put it over the top (of course I'm biased ) Keep your eyes on ebay, I see the JGP's there from time to time for a decent price...and there's a thread floatin around here somewhere with some info on a retailer that has new ones at a fair price also.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:40 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you prep your painted bumper and put a coat of clear on it? Looks a little dull compared to the fenders. but I love the look, how's that paint and finish holding up?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe later I'll get a set of Joe Gibbs wheels
forget about them no one has them in stock. the only way to get them is if someone sells them to off there truck. other than that nice truck
Old 04-21-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spoolin, I did no prep to the bumpers. The bumpers came with a semi-gloss finish from the factory. I guess it would have been a good idea to clear them but I kinda like the finish on them already. It gives my truck a stealthy look, IMO. Hopefully the finish will remain looking good over time. I live in humid South Carolina and I still don't see any surface rust forming. About the Gibbs wheels...I was lucky enough to come across a local member who was selling his genuine Gibbs wheels back in January. Unfortunately, I did not have the funds back then to buy the wheels. Maybe someday I'll have the money to buy a set of gunmetal Torq Thrust ST's. Those have always been my favorite.

Quick Reply: New pics with black bumpers