Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on trading truck for paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Honestly if the guy is that good, you are sold already on his work, I would have the paint done. ...Just like stated these trucks are fine for daily, even if they are more on the wild side.. I am daily driving, blown 6.0, cam, 3200 verter, 410's and plenty of people are daily driving more radical setups then me by far.. I say go for the paint..
John's right. You're already sold on his work. Like said in other thread, as have others, wheels are not my 1st choice. Other than that, your truck looks sweet, & I'm not even a fan of earthy tones like pewter & brown. Grew up around 3 brown cars. Ya, pewter's a lil different than brown tho.

Point is, choose carefully, or ask him what he's thinkin color-wise. See if u like the ideas he kicks around. Then think on it. Try to come up w/. your own ideas too. My .02.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the hard part. I really want it to be something i really like and wont regret. he keeps talking about a metallic grey from honda that is beautiful, and cuttin it with like a line, either straight or squigly or whatever. he said whatever I want. i dunno, might search google for ideas to get me started, but i dont wanna copy someone. any suggestions on schemes and colors? id like to keep it toned down since you cant really do a whole lot with pewter as far as bright colors......
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

get it painted cyber gray metallic
i vote for paint.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

paint.. nuff said
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Trade & paint. If you don't, you'll NEVER EVER EVER stop thinking about how much BETTER your truck could look with a KILLER new SHINY paint job.

Did that help at all??
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey
get it painted cyber gray metallic
i vote for paint.
mmmm...
i love me some Cyber Gray Metallic

i was actually gonna suggest a color scheme earlier - two-tone: CGM on top with Jetstream Blue on bottom with a Silver Ice Metallic pinstripe between... but that's the plan for one of my vehicles down the road, so i didn't want you running off with it

CGM & JSB use the same blue flake in the paint which is why i think they'd go so good together

here's even a crappy 5min PS i did of mine a while back
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on trading truck for paintjob-cgm-jsb.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned

that helps alot lol. looks like im leaning more on the paint side. still need an idea of what to go with. wish i had photoshop. cyber grey metallic? ill try to look that up. what to cut it with?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zebra86
mmmm...
i love me some Cyber Gray Metallic

i was actually gonna suggest a color scheme earlier - two-tone: CGM on top with Jetstream Blue on bottom with a Silver Ice Metallic pinstripe between... but that's the plan for one of my vehicles down the road, so i didn't want you running off with it

CGM & JSB use the same blue flake in the paint which is why i think they'd go so good together

here's even a crappy 5min PS i did of mine a while back
sweet do you ps? any way you could do CYB up to the middle of the door handle on my truck lol? i guess on the full side pic i got?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

IMO, you should put darker colors on top and lighter ones on bottom. otherwise it looks like you ran out of paint half-way through. example:

Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Banned

i dont really have a choice, the way he talks it has to stay pewter on top, he dont wanna go that far i guess

Quick Reply: Need advice on trading truck for paintjob