Sponsored by:

My Wet Okole Seat Cover Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Wet Okole Seat Cover Review

My Wet Okole Seat Covers

I've had these in for about 2 months now, so I thought I'd post some pics and give my opinion of Wet Okoles.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dneece/truck/seat1.jpg
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dneece/truck/seat2.jpg
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dneece/truck/seat3.jpg
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dneece/truck/seat4.jpg
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dneece/truck/seat5.jpg

PRICE: These certainly weren't cheap. I bought the full piping option and the grand total to my door (including $15 for the shampoo/uv protectant/deoderizer) was $344. Without going to leather, these are probably the nicest fitting and nicest made seat covers you can buy though.

COLOR: I chose the charcoal color for both the seat and the piping because I thought it would blend in best with my grey interior. But in hindsight, I probably should have went with black (charcoal is the darkest color before black). I had Wet Okole mail me a few different color swatches of the actual material before ordering, but didn't get a black swatch because I didn't think I would have wanted it. The charcoal swatch looked like exactly what I wanted, but when the seat covers arrived they looked lighter than what I had envisioned. They did match the swatch, but in the truck they just look lighter than I expected. I'm guessing that the black color wouldn't be totally black, but more of a dark charcoal, so if anyone is considering these you should probably order a black swatch just to see what it looks like. All that said, they look really nice in the truck.

FIT: As you can see in the pictures, these covers fit very well. There are a couple of areas around the bottom that didn't fit quite perfectly though. I could probably make these areas fit better if I removed the plastic panels near the bottom of the seats and tucked the covers in. But the front bottom of the seat covers fit a little loose and there's nothing to be done for that as far as I can see. They've been in for about 2 months and don't show any sign of stretching or wrinkling. I had some CoverKing simulated leather seat covers ($200) in my Tacoma before this truck, and they moved around and developed wrinkles and gaps over time. I could snug them back down, but in a week or so they would be looking bad again. Not so with the Wet Okoles. I think the neoprene material is more resistant to wrinkles and gaps than simulated leather.

You can see in the straight-on picture that the bottom driver's side cover doesn't quite match up with the top part. I worked with this for many minutes trying to make it line up evenly, but to fit the bottom seat properly it just wouldn't line up with the top cover. It's not really too noticeable though, unless you're really looking closely.

PROTECTION: I'm a fairly neat person, so I can't speak very well to how these seat covers hold up to dirt. The only time I have gotten them dirty is when I was hauling some groceries home and some milk leaked out on the passenger's side cover. It was nighttime and I didn't notice it until the next day when the milk had dried. Apparently the covers had done their job, because the milk just stayed on top of the neoprene and dried, without soaking down into it. I took a damp cloth and it wiped right off.

Overall I'm very happy with these. They look good and the extra padding makes the seat more comfortable. They seem to be very high quality, about in line with what I paid for them though. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these, if you are willing to spend the money.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking covers man, the fit seems really good from the pics. I was considering Wet Okole before I got my Legacy's, but I really wanted a grey cover with a black insert, and Wet Okole didn't offer them like that at the time (not sure if they do now or not either). I've had mine on for a year or so now, and they've held up pretty good. Not cheap either though, around $300ish if I remember correctly. (You can see pics if you check out my cardomain...link is in my sig)
Old 06-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

A buddy of mine has these covers in his f-150. We surf and are at the beach alot. We can just hop in the the truck with sand and seawater on the swimsuits and not worry about it.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

FWIW, I think you made the right color choice. Black is usually much darker than the charcoal you got, and that color actually seems to look very good in your truck. You've evidently done a very good job of installation too, and part of that is due to the brand itself being a good one, but it takes work regardless. You won't likely get the same quality from your local DIY parts store.

If you get the same covers from a dealer, expect the price to be even higher. Not all dealers overprice them I'd guess, but those I know of sure do. $344 isn't cheap, but it looks like a good price to me, as these are pretty high quality covers.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Teching In

I have a set of them too. I've had them in all cars I purchase. In my opinion they are the best.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Cool thanks for the write-up. If I get around to doing my interior I will definitely sheck this out again. I was set on some katskinz peices but you got me thinking.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Teching In

After seeing some internet pictures of black Wet Okole's, I think that the charcoal I got is the better choice. I thought maybe the black would be lighter, but it looks...uhh...black. The color I got isn't bad, it's just that my truck has about 5 different shades of grey in the interior now. Just a shade darker would have been perfect.