SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2012 Ram R/T

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from SEMA, rumor says they can tune the 11's, Dodge found out and is making changes to '12 PCM to where it will lock them out again...BUT, Mopar is making one...so....
Old 11-05-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MOPAR actually announced there that they released all the info to a couple of companies. Arrington Performance is one of them.
Diablo has 2012 tuning done already....it wasn't released because the 6 speed trans tuning isn't don't yet.
They're not gonna lock anything back down...
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Random User
MOPAR actually announced there that they released all the info to a couple of companies. Arrington Performance is one of them.
Diablo has 2012 tuning done already....it wasn't released because the 6 speed trans tuning isn't don't yet.
They're not gonna lock anything back down...
When i was at SEMA, talked to Mopar, Diablo and a few others, most speculate Mopar will only allow the two chosen ones backed my Mopar to have more calibrations. Diablo stated they have around 10hp RW now, with more power as they tune more. But my contact at Mopar stated "use the two we mention to maximize". Said '12's will have a harder issue with handheld tuners.
People may be able to tune the '12's, but if Arrington and the other have more power, and keep the warranty, that'd be my choice.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I actually sent an email to Arrington last night...haven't heard back yet. They'll be my first choice for tuning....hopefully they use the Diablosport Trinity to deliver the product since I already bought one.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Random User
I actually sent an email to Arrington last night...haven't heard back yet. They'll be my first choice for tuning....hopefully they use the Diablosport Trinity to deliver the product since I already bought one.
agreed, thats who I'd use too, and yes, assume it will be a Trinity as the mode to download. Arrow Racing out of MI is the other one that Mopar approved.
I'm ready too
Old 11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

My next round of mods will be Arrington's ported heads/cam package with a supercharger...I'd like to stick with them for tuning through the whole process.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

I finally saw a new R/T Ram the other day in my town. I love those things.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a fun truck to drive...gonna take it to the track Friday night for some baseline runs before the serious mods start. Kinda curious how it runs untuned.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup, be nice to see. Once I get the tuner, I plan to make stock runs, download tune, and make back to back.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK....did some modding today and picked up a few new toys.
First....gotta be able to tune it sooner or later...so I grabbed a Diablosport Trinity.

I like to know what's going on instead of guessing so I grabbed a few Auto Meter Sport CompII gauges...they have warning function, playback and data logging capability plus a pillar pod to stick em in. Vacuum/Boost, Wideband AF and fuel pressure.

And on to the Spohn bars. My biggest pet peeve with a lowered 4th Gen is the offset rear wheels.

I started talking to them about adjustable bars at about the same time they were thinking the same thing. Worked out great.
Here's a lower compared to stock.

And an upper.

Here's both bars installed.

And their adjustable panhard bar that I already had.

I added 3/4" to the length of the bars and dialed in 1.5* negative pinion angle to plant the tires a bit better....and now have centered rear wheels.

Quick Reply: My 2012 Ram R/T