Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSX valve covers on "non LSX"

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
What valve covers do you have? I have some Holley valve covers if you want to trade. They mount the coils directly to the covers and would work on your motor.
Sorry the whole reason im doing this is to relocate my coils somewhere hidden
Old 10-22-2016, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
I have the LSX badges and even a keychain...... I look at it as a lot of even the aftermarket has taken it being a generic description. I am putting valve covers on my one 6 liter that look like the LSX ones but just say Chevrolet instead...... And I have also detailed that block to look like the LSX because I like orange and the machined edges is a nice touch. I say do what you want..... no one in the end is really going to care.
Yeah I agree I will probably just pick them up today, and if I end up not liking them i can just sell them down the road.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you please post some pics. I relocated my coils & ended up reworking the stock valve covers after not finding what I wanted on my 02.

On the crew cab I kept the coils in same place but ended up going with the. Billet Specialties modular valve covers.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Staggered 02
Can you please post some pics. I relocated my coils & ended up reworking the stock valve covers after not finding what I wanted on my 02.

On the crew cab I kept the coils in same place but ended up going with the. Billet Specialties modular valve covers.
Im still waiting on my coil extension harnesses I will post pics once its done. Could be like a month tho, other things have priority right now.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Understand. I'll check back from time to time.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion, "LSX" is used to describe the entire of the gen III Chevrolet small blocks. It seems like everyone in the performance industry refers to the gen III as the LS style engines. Most parts interchange whether you have a truck block or not. For example the latemodel Camaros that had an automatic had an L99 engine code - but it was still an LS3 engine...