SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

its been a while, updated pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did post on here for comments and such and I can take some negativity, but him saying I need to hit a tree for a new front end would be like me telling some drag guys on here " I dont like your headlights, you should hit the wall at 120 so you can get new ones.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you've been on here for over a year, you should know by now that you're going to get criticism, no matter how much you like your truck. Sometimes that criticsm gives you ideas to improve on, but if you want to flat out exaggerate^ and keep on about how people are keeping on, then they're going to keep on even more. If you like the ese' grille and all that, then great. Hell, I think if you're going to have a avatar of Atomic, that your setup would be a little cleaner than that, even if you are waiting for a "new box" or whatever. Just learn to take a joke. It's not a serious death threat.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a fan of the front end but it isn't hidious and you like it so that is good.

The system is half assed, pile of crap. Remove the 6x9 Boxes and it will improve 1000%. There is nothing more getto for a system then added on 6x9s in boxes, sitting on the rear ledge(or back seat for that matter). Pull the 6x9s and it will be decent.

Good luck on getting a box built and getting it cleaned up. Truck looks good over all.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffrm
...and it was different so I got it. No one around me has anything close to what I have and that was my goal.
Lol, there's a reason for that. Mission Accomplished!

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Truck looks good.. Not a huge fan of the grille, reminds me of a Jeep for some reason.
I thought the same thing. The truck overall is very nice!

Originally Posted by 01PewterWS6
Keep in mind YOU posted it on a public forum to be seen/commented on, if you dont want negative comments and ONLY want high fives then dont post it up for criticism. You cant be getting all hurt over people not liking the cholo ebay grille and stacked boxes laying on the back seat.
Spot on. If you want all praise, CarDomain is your place. If you want real honest criticism, welcome!

Originally Posted by jeffrm
Yes I did post on here for comments and such and I can take some negativity, but him saying I need to hit a tree for a new front end would be like me telling some drag guys on here " I dont like your headlights, you should hit the wall at 120 so you can get new ones.
Negative. This is the "Show and Shine" section. Therefore, comments about the 'show' and the 'shine' are free reign. I wouldn't comment on a drag guys' headlights unless he posted in this section. If however, he decided to run mud tires at the drag strip, I'd be equally critical in the racing sections of this forum.

That being said...

Overall, OP, you have a nice truck. The only thing I was critical of is your grille and system. I like your wheels, painted mirrors, and the fact that you've slowly started taking off some badges since your last picture post. I've had equally harsh comments about my truck in times past. I listened, and am glad I did. We're all here to help each other!

And I think an HD front-end conversion would really clean up your truck. That's what I'd do if I had a 99-02.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

nice wheels
Old 02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

I did take yalls advise, I completely redid the system. As for the grille, different strokes for different folks, and I like it. And the hd hood is definitely on the list, but will take time.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Any other pics of the stereo setup inside the cab... I really don't know whats going on in that pic you posted....
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

I will as soon as I get to a computer, my phone wont let me do nothin.