Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IRS Chevy Silverado Brainstorming

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IRS Chevy Silverado Brainstorming

I think this section was appropriate because its more brainstorming, rather than inquiring about technical information.

Some background information about my Silvey,

Through out high school I was saving up to do an LS1 swap in my 95 camaro. I had the engine and most of the parts but just never got to actually putting it all together. So in the mean time my dad was nice enough to let me drive the farm truck.. A lifted flatbed 97 F350, not bad except for the extremely shitty gas mileage.

Now I am a senior and saved up enough money to either finish the camaro or buy a new vehicle. I chose the latter of the two.

An '07 ECSB 4.8 turd. 120k miles one owner. I dont want to say the price but when we were buying it, my dad was able to hustle the dealer for bottom dollar and got about 40% of the original price knocked off.

I love it. Straight pipe out the side, blacked out the amber corners, taillights, windows, chevy logo. I dont have a picture of it right now cause I dont care for washing cars during monsoon season in Oregon, waste of energy lol. More of my plans are to drop it a couple inches in the front and a good amount in the back. Get some 22" black replica SS rims, bed cover, and roll pan.. and redo my side exhaust...

IRS Brainstorming:
So I drove a fullsize truck for a couple years and it got old. Now with my IFS, live rear axle, and a couple thousand lbs lighter, it feels a little better to drive.

What do you all think about putting in an IRS to a truck like this? I have a rebuilt jag rear end and the skills/tools to do the job. I just want to hear some ideas from all of you. How would you feel about this? In all aspects, from ride, handeling, load, uniqueness, and etc..
Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

I like the Idea. I always wanted to build a truck with IRS and see how it would handle.

You most likely won't be able to haul heavy stuff though. But if you don't mind go for it.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Cool idea, but sounds more of a headache then what it is worth.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Staging Lane

Good Idea, I think the 09 and up rams 1500's have IRS, I would like to do it on my 06 RST some day. A guy by the name of Dave Held in COCOA Beach makes an adapter kit for trucks to install an IRS. Below is a detailed step by step install he did on his kit.

Installation of an IRS into a Classic Ford Truck

Let us know how it goes, take lots of pics and post your progress.

Last edited by geoz3; 02-26-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling change