SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how long does wax last for you

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Meguiar's #26 High-Tech Yellow wax. It looks awesome, but I could care less about durability because I do it once a month. Now, if I cared about durability, I'd go with a sealant (Meguiars #20, NXT, Zaino, Poorboys, Wolfgang, etc...)
Old 06-02-2004, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyper
just get the tripple-wax thing when u go through the carwash,
Old 06-02-2004, 09:12 AM
12 Second Truck Club

if your wax is not lasting more than a month you are either using a crappy wax/polish or you are using a soap that eats right through it. IE dishwashing soap etc.

I use Zaino on my cars. Prior to that I used Meguires. I just like the ease of application and removale with the Zaino product and since it's not a wax you dont get that waxy buildup.

I can put a couple coats of Zaino on and even if I dont polish for 6mo I still get decent beading.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Default 6 months with Mequires

A lot of the polish/wax durability is in the preparation. I use the Mequires carwash before and in between wax jobs. It has a little wax in it to rejuvinate the wax job. I wax it using the mequires show car wax and polish. (tan bottle). It's a 2-step process. It takes all day and a six-pack, but it beads really good for about 6 months. The polish provides the shine and the wax protects the polish and helps it last. I usually hand-wash the truck every week or two. Followed by 100% cotton towell drying.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I found the best prep - is a good name brand car wash - not dishwashing liquid - I also use a clay bar - often
Clay bar and detail spray - then re-spray again with detail spray
I clay bar'd my bed cover - got all the factory overspray off it - nice n smooth.
I also keep my bar in a ziplock between uses.
my .02
Old 06-02-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

If you use detergent its gonna get all the wax right off. I only use detergent when I wash the truck right before waxing it
Old 06-02-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

ewww detergent, i will never wash my car with that. Quick question. i waxed my tahoe and then every two weeks i quick detail then quick wax.(plan to real wax once monthly) well when it rains or water gets on it i get beading but jesus once the water dries i get horrible water spots and horrible dirt especially on my doors. it pisses me off because my parents dont do crap on their cars and then after a rain they brag on how clean theirs looks compared to mine all dirty... who has a suggestion?(i use all megiuars gold class, and all done by hand)
Old 06-02-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Use detergent

lol im joking... hmm sounds weird.. what color are your parents cars? Might be more noticable agianst your black. But check out Zano. Its really sweet stuff and pretty much everyone I have talked to about it says its top notch stuff. Not cheap, but then what good stuff is
Old 06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
Use detergent

lol im joking... hmm sounds weird.. what color are your parents cars? Might be more noticable agianst your black. But check out Zano. Its really sweet stuff and pretty much everyone I have talked to about it says its top notch stuff. Not cheap, but then what good stuff is
Spot on, brother. Zaino rocks. Zaino waxes and detail spray - poorboys for interior and tire dressing. I Zaionoed my black chrysler last weekend and the paint, i kid you not, looks better than it did when I brought it home. Smooth as glass. Plus, there spray detail has excellent anti-static properties and will repel dust and keep it from sticking to the paint.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Truck addict

nope, i never use any dishwashing liquid. normally i use blue corral car wash or meguires car wash. i am gonna try polishing it then waxing it with a sealer. then again, my problems could be the amount of rain we get then the amount of sunlight. if you live in houston or know about houstons weather then it is the same here.

Quick Reply: how long does wax last for you