Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID wire harness

Just a quick question for you guys with HID's how did you wire your HID harness did you as in where did you ground it and where and did you connect it directly to the battery.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont really see why thats necessary. Of the 3 HID kits I had including my Xenarcs, stock harness was always utilized. With no negative effects. Never popped a fuse or a relay.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
Dont really see why thats necessary. Of the 3 HID kits I had including my Xenarcs, stock harness was always utilized. With no negative effects. Never popped a fuse or a relay.

really not even the Xenarcs I just got the Philips kit from Xenon Depot and you have to use the Harness
Old 07-08-2006, 08:20 PM
8MC
TECH Apprentice

Can you post a wiring diagram or link to the kit you wound up buying ?
Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Egrajeda
really not even the Xenarcs I just got the Philips kit from Xenon Depot and you have to use the Harness
I really do not see the need at all. But then again, some vehicles have shitty headlight wiring. But, explained fruther... HID ballasts do not consume anywhere NEAR the power that a normal halogen bulb uses! The only time that they need the power is upon bulb ignition and that is it. If you put any HID setup into your truck and you pop a fuse then YES you have issues. And the ballasts are sucking alot of amperage to ignite the bulb. That usually happens with, im gonna use the word again, SHITTY jap HID capsules. BUT, if you dont pop a fuse when the ballast hits, when the lights are turned on. Leave the wiring alone.

I have NEVER had a problem with any HID kit ive had in 5 years!!! No fuses, no wires, no relays. Nothing.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
I really do not see the need at all. But then again, some vehicles have shitty headlight wiring. But, explained fruther... HID ballasts do not consume anywhere NEAR the power that a normal halogen bulb uses! The only time that they need the power is upon bulb ignition and that is it. If you put any HID setup into your truck and you pop a fuse then YES you have issues. And the ballasts are sucking alot of amperage to ignite the bulb. That usually happens with, im gonna use the word again, SHITTY jap HID capsules. BUT, if you dont pop a fuse when the ballast hits, when the lights are turned on. Leave the wiring alone.

I have NEVER had a problem with any HID kit ive had in 5 years!!! No fuses, no wires, no relays. Nothing.
Yeah but the HID kit I bought I need to connect the harness in order to run them but I will most definitely use it.