SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denali bumper cover on Silverado?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denali bumper cover on Silverado?

Anybody know or think it would work? Me and my friend was cruising the GMC lot last night and i noticed the front bumper cover on a Denali is flat across the top just like a Silverado's bumper and the grille and bumper spacing is exact. I pulled my truck up next to it and all the shape's and forms were basically identical. Thought this would be a pretty cool deal if it worked out, i like the way the Denali bumper covers look. So has anybody tried this out yet?
Old 10-11-2004, 05:38 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is an aftermarket Denali bumper that fits over the stock Silverado bumper. I don't think you can just put an OEM Denali bumper cover over your stock bumper, you would have to completely replace the actual bumper and stuff.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Well that sucks to hear...i dont like any of the aftermarket stuff, even though it closely ressembles the Denali, for some reason it just looks like *** to me. Guess my other option is to go with the SS style front bumper cover.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Default Denali bumper cover on silverado

Originally Posted by LS1S10
Anybody know or think it would work? Me and my friend was cruising the GMC lot last night and i noticed the front bumper cover on a Denali is flat across the top just like a Silverado's bumper and the grille and bumper spacing is exact. I pulled my truck up next to it and all the shape's and forms were basically identical. Thought this would be a pretty cool deal if it worked out, i like the way the Denali bumper covers look. So has anybody tried this out yet?
I have a Keystone ( fiberglass ) front bumper cover ( I purchased from www.stylinconcepts.com ) That I removed from my 2000 silverado it is painted factory black, it is in great shape, you would just need to repaint it. I live in Marietta, Ga. Let me know if you are interested, I will sell cheap.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:46 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been a few Silverados w/ Denali bumpers on them, and they look horrible! Take a closer look at the Denali bumper cap--it's NOT flat across the top, but has a slight curve to it. The curve is really pronounced when put directly next to the Silvy grille.

I would go with the Street Scene SS cap. If you *have* to have the Denali bumper cover, do it right and swap over all the sheetmetal, which in your case would mean the Denali stuff PLUS the fenders and hood--which will be a decent chunk of change.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Ya i guess it is different than the silvy grill, probably would have noticed it if it had been daylight outside when i compared them. Screw changing everything over in the front....it looks good but not that good $$$$$. The more i look at SmokinRice's truck the more i like the idea of just smoothing and painting the bumper cap and lower airdam, maybe get a PIAA airdam...i dunno. Thanks for your help guys, i knew it would have been too good to be true for everything to fit right.