PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/)
-   -   Clear denali lights??? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/clear-denali-lights-214109/)

bodyguard6799 09-09-2004 11:29 AM

Clear denali lights???

Has anyone ever bought lights from this seller on e-bay??? Xtreme racing team From the way you guys talk about aftermarket headlight sellers I want to be sure I dont buy crap. I just want the plain clear Denali headlights and corners. They sell both kind of cheap $168.00 for headlights and $26.00 for the corners. THANKS!!!

BLACKND 09-09-2004 01:06 PM

If these are the ones with the halo's on them, buyer beware. Illnali, here on this site and gmfs, bought a set of these, not sure who the ebay seller was, and had nothing but heck with the halos not working and all. You might want to check in with Illnali and see what he says. I think he may have the lights working, but it took a lot of work and cussin.

MacADaYear 09-09-2004 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
If these are the ones with the halo's on them, buyer beware. Illnali, here on this site and gmfs, bought a set of these, not sure who the ebay seller was, and had nothing but heck with the halos not working and all. You might want to check in with Illnali and see what he says. I think he may have the lights working, but it took a lot of work and cussin.

Hes just a dumbass that had a blownfuse in his truck and balmed it on the headlights. Also his complaint about the install instructions wasnt valid because he found them later.

I would count that :D

atomoverride 09-09-2004 03:06 PM

oem denali cleared lights are the best.....forget thouse fake cheapo lights.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...7_121_full.jpg

:P heh heh, they are just a bitch to do.

ACDenali 09-09-2004 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by atomoverride

:P heh heh, they are just a bitch to do.

I agree.......

bodyguard6799 09-09-2004 10:34 PM

Yeah thats part of the problem. The factory Denali lights are $182.16 each from the dealership (thats with a discount) and I would hate to mess up brand new lights. So I would really like to get the clear ones (not the halo's). So nobody has delt with them??

CHAGO 09-09-2004 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by MacADaYear
Hes just a dumbass that had a blownfuse in his truck and balmed it on the headlights. Also his complaint about the install instructions wasnt valid because he found them later.

I would count that :D

yea I "balmed it" :jest:

JoeJ 09-09-2004 11:03 PM

i would talk to twankyduece about his halos, i know he has some.

TWANKYDEUCE 09-09-2004 11:13 PM

heres my halos, got em for $200 off ebay from krazymods. they look really good during the day too
http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploa...552PM97331.jpg

HumanZoom 09-09-2004 11:20 PM

Found these on the internet:

http://www.truckefx.com/gm_oem_lamps.htm

They are a little easier on the pocket book than buying from a stealership, but the question is are these OEM or aftermarket? Anyone know?

THE BANDIT-Z 09-10-2004 12:38 PM

Hey hope this helps, check out this headlamps. They have about 3 types of the GMC Denali type, laters The Bandit-Z.
:usa:

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/Head...sion_Kits.html

JoeJ 09-10-2004 11:37 PM

the black clear corners are intersting, I've never seen those before, those would look killer on a black truck with a blacked out grill surround

bodyguard6799 09-12-2004 02:31 PM

I e-mailed both of the sellers that carry the clear Denali lights and neither one offers a warranty with their lights. That makes my kind of skepticle. But I really like the way the clears look over the stocks.

sierraon22s 09-13-2004 09:48 PM

So are you gonna let the "secret" out or you gonna take it to your grave?

JoeJ 09-14-2004 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by sierraon22s

oh he'll continue to be a little bitch about it I'm sure. No sweat though, as soon as I come up with the cash for some denali's I'll figure it out and post the most explicitly detailed instructions the interent has ever seen. Fuck, i might even do a how to video :jest:

CHAGO 09-14-2004 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by JoeJ
oh he'll continue to be a little bitch about it I'm sure. No sweat though, as soon as I come up with the cash for some denali's I'll figure it out and post the most explicitly detailed instructions the interent has ever seen. Fuck, i might even do a how to video :jest:

:jest:

TWANKYDEUCE 09-14-2004 10:51 PM

I cleared my stock headlights before I got my clear halo projectors.
All I did to clear the factory ones was take them off the truck and theres glue holding the lense to the housing so I used nail polish remover with acitone. That ate the glue away and then I scraped it out with a narrow screw driver and pulled them apart. The amber piece snapped right out, then I put some epoxy in the cracks on the housing where the lense fits in and put them back together. Never leaked or anything. btw, the whole project was such a bitch because you have to be careful not to crack the lense and plus its kinda hard to get them apart, so theres a lot of yelling involved

JoeJ 09-15-2004 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by TWANKYDEUCE
I cleared my stock headlights before I got my clear halo projectors.
All I did to clear the factory ones was take them off the truck and theres glue holding the lense to the housing so I used nail polish remover with acitone. That ate the glue away and then I scraped it out with a narrow screw driver and pulled them apart. The amber piece snapped right out, then I put some epoxy in the cracks on the housing where the lense fits in and put them back together. Never leaked or anything. btw, the whole project was such a bitch because you have to be careful not to crack the lense and plus its kinda hard to get them apart, so theres a lot of yelling involved

those were just stock non-denali lights though correct? the denali lights are a totally different ball game

TWANKYDEUCE 09-15-2004 09:55 AM

right, I used to have the normal lights that come with sierras/silverados. But it would be the same task to clear them whether it be denali lights or normal ones

JoeJ 09-15-2004 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by TWANKYDEUCE
right, I used to have the normal lights that come with sierras/silverados. But it would be the same task to clear them whether it be denali lights or normal ones

wrong, denali lights are assembled differently.

sierraon22s 09-17-2004 03:13 AM

oh he'll continue to be a little bitch about it I'm sure.

Yeah you're right. He's been a bitch about it on GMFS as well. When he needs some help w/ mods or tech shit, guess what, he wont get it. He doesnt help out others, fuck it, others wont help him out.

JoeJ 09-17-2004 09:29 PM

Yeah you're right. He's been a bitch about it on GMFS as well. When he needs some help w/ mods or tech shit, guess what, he wont get it. He doesnt help out others, fuck it, others wont help him out.

thats the way i approach it too. unless he is willing to help others i'm unwilling to help him. I'm checkin on some denalis on ebay right now that hav e a broken housing. I might pick them up just to play with so i can get this figured out for everyone.

sierraon22s 09-21-2004 04:55 PM

thats the way i approach it too. unless he is willing to help others i'm unwilling to help him. I'm checkin on some denalis on ebay right now that hav e a broken housing. I might pick them up just to play with so i can get this figured out for everyone.

:thumb:

bodyguard6799 09-21-2004 06:25 PM

I have one more stupid question about the clear Denali lights. I have found 3 sellers on e-bay with the lights I want. 2 of them say that the lights are S.A.E./D.O.T. stamped and the other just says they are manufacturd by ISO-9002 & QS9000 certified light manufacturer. All of the sellers have the headlights and the markers for sale. Which would you trust????? THANKS!!!

bodyguard6799 09-22-2004 11:10 AM

Anybody???

atomoverride 09-22-2004 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by HumanZoom
Found these on the internet:

http://www.truckefx.com/gm_oem_lamps.htm

They are a little easier on the pocket book than buying from a stealership, but the question is are these OEM or aftermarket? Anyone know?

interesting site, but I wouldnt buy shit from them. Their logo on the site is not thier truck. its radi's truck from radi's custom upholstery. and I am sure they didnt get permission. damn pig fuckers.

Grave. :usa:

The only bitching I see is from you assholes. I made a promise not to let the "secret" out and I keep my promises. I help out plenty of people on the forums and I get asked questions all the time and I answer them. Just because I wont let this one secret out you guys are acting like a bunch of cry babies.

Like many people have said before if everyone knew how to do it, then everyone would have the lights and my truck would look like every other person. The RARENESS is what keeps my truck looking good.

And wow you wont give help to a member? Sounds like a GOOD SITE TO JOIN UP ON HUH? Join GMFS and get no HELP. and you call yourself a good website? sounds more like webcrap to me. Maybe I will stay here on LS1TECH where the people help each other out and not cry about not getting their way. :engarde:

bodyguard6799 09-22-2004 08:09 PM

I was thinking probably the S.A.E/D.O.T. approved because I dont think I've heard of that light manufacturer before. If anyone else has any info or oppinions please let me know something soon because I'm trying to by some lights soon. THANKS!!!!!

Egrajeda 09-27-2004 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by bodyguard6799
I was thinking probably the S.A.E/D.O.T. approved because I dont think I've heard of that light manufacturer before. If anyone else has any info or oppinions please let me know something soon because I'm trying to by some lights soon. THANKS!!!!!

Have you bought your headlights yet? Are you buying the ones with the clear reflector I have heard aftermarket headlights are not good but they do look better that with the orange reflector. Its your choice

bodyguard6799 09-27-2004 05:06 PM

I have to buy the headlights and corners and even with a discount from a stealership I'm looking at over $500 and I can get all clears for about half that. Plus I think the clears look better..

sierraon22s 09-28-2004 01:08 AM

The only bitching I see is from you assholes. I made a promise not to let the "secret" out and I keep my promises. I help out plenty of people on the forums and I get asked questions all the time and I answer them. Just because I wont let this one secret out you guys are acting like a bunch of cry babies.

Like many people have said before if everyone knew how to do it, then everyone would have the lights and my truck would look like every other person. The RARENESS is what keeps my truck looking good.

And wow you wont give help to a member? Sounds like a GOOD SITE TO JOIN UP ON HUH? Join GMFS and get no HELP. and you call yourself a good website? sounds more like webcrap to me. Maybe I will stay here on LS1TECH where the people help each other out and not cry about not getting their way. :engarde:

:zzz:

CHAGO 09-28-2004 01:20 AM

And wow you wont give help to a member? Sounds like a GOOD SITE TO JOIN UP ON HUH? Join GMFS and get no HELP.

GMFS is ghey, that is all...... :nod:

Chingon 09-28-2004 01:50 AM

Uhhh, what? Since people here on LS1tech.com actually help each other out, maybe you should leave then. :eyes:
How do you clean the Denali lights? Are you going to answer or be a hypocrite?

Chingon 09-28-2004 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
GMFS is ghey, that is all...... :nod:

Especially Ross :judge:

sierraon22s 09-28-2004 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chingon

:nod:

CHAGO 09-28-2004 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chingon

shhh! you're going to get us in trouble again! :jest:

one03sierra 09-28-2004 06:24 AM

rareness.--dude there are over a billion trucks on the road. there is one that looks exactly like yours somewhere. we all help each other out here. if you are not going to contribute then get your own site dude. :engarde:

Scream 09-28-2004 07:34 AM

The RARENESS is what keeps my truck looking good.

This has to be the silliest thing I've ever read.

Just asking a question here, not trying to be an ass, but weren't you selling these uber rare lights on eBay? Is that why you don't wanna give away the secret?!

atomoverride 10-04-2004 12:59 PM

I wasnt selling the lights on ebay, my cousin was. But its too much damn work. Just buy the cheap aftermarket ones and stop yer bitching.

As for the rareness, my truck is offen imitated, never duplicated. My interior is custom and no one will ever have an interior exactly like it. So my truck is a diamond in the ruff.

Also I have my own site.

Scream 10-04-2004 01:15 PM

I'm not bitching...I was just asking a question, and it's nice to see your response. Exactly what I expected. If I want clear Denali lights, I'll do it myself just like I did w/ my Sierra lights.

I'm glad that you have such a high opinion of your truck. You sound a little snooty about it though IMO. Often imitated, never duplicated?!?! Gimme a break...

JoeJ 10-04-2004 02:58 PM

I wasnt selling the lights on ebay, my cousin was. But its too much damn work. Just buy the cheap aftermarket ones and stop yer bitching.

As for the rareness, my truck is offen imitated, never duplicated. My interior is custom and no one will ever have an interior exactly like it. So my truck is a diamond in the ruff.

Also I have my own site.

I wasnt going to say anything, but honestly, you have one of my LEAST favorite trucks on the site. I'm glad you are sponsored and all, great for you, but that tint has to be some of the gaudiest shit I have ever seen. I'm going to stop there cause Im not looking to get this thread locked or myself banned. But get off you high horse partner, there are trucks out there a LOT nicer than yours.