SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic Cragars on a 2000 Silverado?!

Old 04-05-2016, 04:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

American Racing is a good option. The classic design of their wheels is not boring. Not to mention price is still affordable.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Now, PhotoShop an HD hood, Color matched handles, and mirror caps.
Haha thats the plan, My sister has black vinyl so imma vinyl wrap the mirrors and the door handles imma head to the junk yard after i pull the plug on rims and tires and I wanted a HD front end when i got the truck but i just need to see a single cab in person with a HD front end to really see if i like it. My father has a 2500 HD lifted blue and those front ends are HUGEE!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Tons of them posted on here, google images should return a world of pics as well on the swap. The 99-02 HD front end swap is still just about my favorite.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow53
do ya think those AR rims look good?
Yeah I almost went with the same wheels, but couldn't find any 20's in chrome just grey, but I think the gray suits your truck good.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XBlackXCheavyX
Yeah I almost went with the same wheels, but couldn't find any 20's in chrome just grey, but I think the gray suits your truck good.

Well Ive set my head on these wheels and most likely im gonna get some Nitto 420 265/50r20 to wrap them in. After that i just have to decide if i wanna get my molding taken off and debadge the side. (gonna cost $400 to get molding off because i took it off and they have paint damage underneath them where u can see the outline of them off down past the clear coat so i put them back on and got quoted 400 to paint both sides from my fav paint shop) or get LT and a ORY pipe and tune OR upgrade my front sway bar and buy a rear one. All of it will happen just a matter of order haha. THE LIST NEVER END!
Old 04-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Well Ive set my head on these wheels and most likely im gonna get some Nitto 420 265/50r20 to wrap them in. After that i just have to decide if i wanna get my molding taken off and debadge the side. (gonna cost $400 to get molding off because i took it off and they have paint damage underneath them where u can see the outline of them off down past the clear coat so i put them back on and got quoted 400 to paint both sides from my fav paint shop) or get LT and a ORY pipe and tune OR upgrade my front sway bar and buy a rear one. All of it will happen just a matter of order haha. THE LIST NEVER END!
I know how it goes lol, I started out young like you, just doing what I could here and their, just stay at it lol. Hell I'm still young lol.

Luckily when I pulled my molding off it was in good shape under it, deff. looks better with it off in my opinion gives it a much cleaner look, but If I had to choose I would prolly go with exhaust and tune. I always pick performance over looks lol.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

I know how it goes lol, I started out young like you, just doing what I could here and their, just stay at it lol. Hell I'm still young lol.

Luckily when I pulled my molding off it was in good shape under it, deff. looks better with it off in my opinion gives it a much cleaner look, but If I had to choose I would prolly go with exhaust and tune. I always pick performance over looks lol.
Yeah im gonna get my rims and tires and then save for long tubes and offroad y pipe and tune by Trinity Motorsports in pooler GA. Im not sure if they have a account on here but they do some pretty good stuff. Check out this truck they worked on
http://trinity-motorsports.com/wp-co...d_exhaust1.jpg
Old 04-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Yeah im gonna get my rims and tires and then save for long tubes and offroad y pipe and tune by Trinity Motorsports in pooler GA. Im not sure if they have a account on here but they do some pretty good stuff. Check out this truck they worked on
http://trinity-motorsports.com/wp-co...d_exhaust1.jpg
I went went pacesetters LT because I was still in school and they've held up pretty well, I sent my pcm to blackbear when I did my cam swap and got a mail ordered tune , I like it
Old 04-06-2016, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

I went went pacesetters LT because I was still in school and they've held up pretty well, I sent my pcm to blackbear when I did my cam swap and got a mail ordered tune , I like it
I've been looking at the speed engineering sponsor long tube and y pipe combo for $350. And i know that it won't run as good but would it be OK to run long tubes and no cats until I get my cam (couple of months) before tuning?
Old 04-07-2016, 06:10 AM
Launching!

I've been looking at the speed engineering sponsor long tube and y pipe combo for $350. And i know that it won't run as good but would it be OK to run long tubes and no cats until I get my cam (couple of months) before tuning?
It will throw a code or two and prob. Run rich, I would prolly just get em and stash em back and wait till you do the cam swap then install it all at the same time, that's what I did , that way it still runs like it should for daily driving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Classic Cragars on a 2000 Silverado?!