Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brackets for Sir Mike's roll pan

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brackets for Sir Mike's roll pan

I bought a used sir mikes roll pan a while back.. i tried searching through some threads but i cant find who it was that i bought them from.

Anyways, he also sent some brackets.. two L shaped brackets with some 2 shorter/larger screws with large washers and bolts and two mid length/skinnier screws with washers and bolts. The brackets are strange tho... here is a picture of everything i got.. its looks like i just got some misc stuff in there too... i dont think this stuff is going to work.. but where can i get just the brackets for a sir mikes roll pan... does sir mike's have just brackets to order for a 01 fleetside silverado? If so, someone shoot me the link

thanks!

- Joe.
Attached Thumbnails Brackets for Sir Mike's roll pan-mvc-019s.jpg  
Old 08-02-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

I am sure the stepsides and fleetsides use different hardware and I can't make out how those would work. I also bought my sir mikes pan used didn't think I had all the hardware. I called Sir Mikes and told them I needed the hardware kit for my pan. The lady I talked to was in a good mood and said it wasn't much so I didn't need to worry about payment. Anyways, after I got the kit I realized everything was there, but now I have extra.

Just give them a call and hopefully they can do the same for ya.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

thx man, ya i sent an email i'll call tomorrow. Does any of those brackets resemble anything they sent you? lol just curious.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look like the standard Sir Michael's fleetside brackets. They're the same ones they sent when I bought mine.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
thx man, ya i sent an email i'll call tomorrow. Does any of those brackets resemble anything they sent you? lol just curious.
Nope, nothing like what I got, but like I said more than likely the fleetside and stepside use different brackets.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Launching!

those brackets came with my sire mikes. They were installed up until recently I installed a hidden hitch and they were in the way for the install and I just left them off, but my pan is welded in so I don't know if they are required for a bolt on or not.

Pat
Old 08-03-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Yup those look like my fleetside brackets. I bought mine used too, but thats them. They are pretty easy to mount once you figure it all out.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
Yup those look like my fleetside brackets. I bought mine used too, but thats them. They are pretty easy to mount once you figure it all out.
Thanks, ya im just having a prob trying to figure it out bc the top slit on the l brackets are so tiny and than there are like 6 mounting holes on the roll pan.. i guess its for more support if you wanted it.

I might go to the store and find some smaller screws to use or something.

thx for the info tho, and i'll probably have mine welded in anyway now that i think of it.... im guessing a body shop would do that... how much does something as simple as welding in a roll pan go for?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i would honestly bolt those up instead.. especially if that pan is not welded on.

the standard brackets SHOULD work, and they have alot of room to spare and tweak the pan. I actually think that they are a good design
Old 08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Veteran

What I had to do is get some flat bar from my shop here. I got my roll pan used too and re-painted it. But it had been mounted prior with these brackets. The holes that were supposed to be used with these brackets were a bit too large for the sheet metal screws. So I got like 2 pieces of flat bar about 1/8"x3/4" wide and about 4-5" long. Drilled 2 holes in each one and put them behind the lip on the roll pan-hidden. Then used 3/8"x3/4" long bolts with lockwashers and nuts on the ends to fasten the rollpan to the brackets. Was kinda a pain in the ***, but its sturdy and stable. Then the brackets at the top just mount to the frame. And those brackets can be bent a lil bit to alighn to the bed shape. I also doubled up on the sheet metal screws at the top. It ain't going anywhere. Just make sure to mask up the edge/ends/and bedsides, basically anywhere that the roll pan could touch to prevent any scratches. If you can get 2 sheet metal screws put in up top, to keep it in place, then your home free and can work at your own pace. But masking tap helps hold things up quite a bit.