Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body colored

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body colored

Hey, I'm kind of new to the truck workd over here. I have a few questions. If I want body-colored mirrors do I have to buy new ones or is sanding and painting acceptable? How about the front bumper and the rear bumper? If these need to be bought, where is the best place to buy them? I plan on changing out the grill to billet, and the bow tie in front too. One more thing, I really like the Escalade door handles and instrument cluster. Will the instrument cluster work on my truck, I have a 03 Avalanche Z71. It has the Driver Information Center (tells you the current gas mileage, averagae gas mileage...etc). And do the door handles only come in black and you have to paint to match or are they available in different colors?

Thanks in adavance for any help.

Old 09-14-2003, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Body colored

Hey man I got my mirror covers sanded and painted. I got a smooth bumper cap from sdpc2000.com It probably depends on if you have the Avalanche front end or the 03 Silverado front end since they use both now. Also you can use the 03 Escalade or Hummer H2 cluster and the door handles should work but you will probably have to get them painted. You would probably have to sand down the rear bumper. Good luck
Old 09-14-2003, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

I painted my factory chrome front bumper so you shouldn't have to buy new bumpers unless you just want a different style.Mirrors can be painted I did mine before I got the street scene mirrors.If I am not mistaken depending on the color of your vehicle you can order door handles for a SS as long as your vehicle is red,black,or blue.

Mike,

www.geocities.com/mikestruckshop2003/1HOT99SILVERADO
Old 09-15-2003, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

If you're wanting bodymatched handles, i'd say just paint your stock ones instead of buying brand new SS or Caddy handles. And yes, the Escalade instrument cluster will/should work on an 03 Avalanche. Ive seen it put into just about every year Silverado starting from 99 till now. Its a cool cluster, and between the Tahoe, Silv, Suburban and all, there aint much diff in the clusters.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

you can use the escalade cluster, it just has to be for an 03 GM truck

from your sig, it looks like you have the truck with the body hardware, your probably gonna have to get the hardware sanded down and painted. I dont think anyone has them already smoothed down and ready to be painted