SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before and After pics of molding removal.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:20 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBLS1
Looks damn good!!
Thanks

Keuka, They don't make colored handles in my color i tried to get those while they were doing the paper work for me to sign at the dealer.

The GMC siding actually looks goo dIMO. That's why it stayed on my Z71. I originally was going to put the GMC molding on this truck but at this point I htink I am just going to leave it like it is. I like it clean and simple.

Erick, I don't think anyone is racing this Sat. I know there is going to be a ton of people racing on the 16th. You should totally come down for that day!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I want to do that so bad...I just have a few concerns. First is dings. The truck's my daily driver, and here in Jersey, the parking spots are made for compacts, and people have no consideration or respect. No matter where I park, it seems like some soccer mom decides to pull right next to my truck to unload the team....and get them all sticky and hopped up on sugar
The other thing is age. The truck is about 6 years old, and those things have been on there since day 1...whaddaya think it'll look like?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Man, I want to do that so bad...I just have a few concerns. First is dings. The truck's my daily driver, and here in Jersey, the parking spots are made for compacts, and people have no consideration or respect. No matter where I park, it seems like some soccer mom decides to pull right next to my truck to unload the team....and get them all sticky and hopped up on sugar
The other thing is age. The truck is about 6 years old, and those things have been on there since day 1...whaddaya think it'll look like?
My advice would be to strip the ugly Chevy molding off, use a good compound and a buffer and you'll never know it was there.

As for the ding problem. You can always use the GMC side molding which looks 10x better and will still protect your doors a little. I don't think the strips are that expensive so over time if you end up with tons of nicks on the molding you can replace that side. Do you have the chrome mirror inserts?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:50 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Yep, chrome mirror inserts, chrome bumpers. I have been considering the GMC side moulding as a future wish list item...definitely smoother than the flat black/chrome combo that's on there now. Plus, the "chrome" plating is starting to wear off on the driver's side (damn car washes)
Old 03-01-2005, 09:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Yep, chrome mirror inserts, chrome bumpers.
Well there ya go mate! It'll look great plus it'll soak up enough time to get everything done that you'll feel like you really accomplished something yet you didn't spend much money at all. Those are the best mods IMO.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:53 AM
TECH Junkie

It looks way cleaner and it made the drive way dry up too!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Launching!

Looks awesome man!!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Naked is better.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:07 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Well there ya go mate! It'll look great plus it'll soak up enough time to get everything done that you'll feel like you really accomplished something yet you didn't spend much money at all. Those are the best mods IMO.
Yea, I agree...it's awesome when you do a mod with great results and it cost you next to nothing
Old 03-02-2005, 11:35 AM
11 Second Truck Club

no molding is the way to go, i pulled mine off at the dealership before i drove it off the lot, lol

Quick Reply: Before and After pics of molding removal.