Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

When will Hemis' learn?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MorepowerTY
I not trying to start a war here, there many fast trucks out there, but I beg the differ, on a hemi beating a SS. There are two varibles when racing. Bone stock there are very close in comparisons, but, I mean but, if the SS was a rcsb like the hemi's have, then the SS would smoke it. But then, woulda, coulda, shoulda. I don't why GM will not do such a thing, and I think thats why many of you buy the hemi's, unless you are just die hard dodge fans. But if you go to motor trend SS vs Hemi, it will show a comparison, keep in mind the SS does weight 1500lbs more. Check out the last page of it. I don't know how to get a link on here, if someone does, please help with it. http:/www.motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup/112_0310_sport_truck_comparison/
I don't care make and model... I'm a Ford GM and Dodge fan... But I bought my truck for 21,000 out the door and I can run 14.6's bone stock all day long... and It does everything I need it to.. I work it every day.. pulling 7-8000... and getting it dirty.. and then take it to the track a make a 12 second pass..
Old 07-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hemidodge574
I work it every day.. pulling 7-8000...
Having been a Dodge employee in the past, you'd be hardpressed getting me to ride behind, in front of, or with you pulling that much with a 1/2 quadcab even when equipped with a load leveler. It's not rated for that much tow load w/o one and I've seen too many people doing it unsafely. Personally, I think anyone needing to tow that much on a regular basis needs to "step up" and get a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup.

That said, 7K+ is a bunch of weight and lord knows the non deisel engines are under a big strain with such a load. What bugs me most though, is seeing the sagging rear and "jacked up" front ends of 1/2 tonners towing heavy loads. Sometimes it's just downright scary to look at 'em.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

you guys REALLY believe that crap you read out of those magazines??? all those times I have seen are out to lunch.. for ANY of the makes and models.. any one wanting to go a little faster can do so with good prep... I ran a 13.92 @ 96.20 on street tires ( 17s) with my itty bitty mod list....

TJ
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Teching In

HEHEHEHE i guess im with the slow crew on this one. But if it was not for that supercharger on the lightings it would just be another Ford on the slow lane. J/K I guess we all think that our truck is the top of the line performance truck.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Just wait untill hptuners gets a tune for the HEMI and we can really start talking horsepower.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing that sucks is that there is always someone faster. No matter what you have.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should all stop wasting our money. JK
Old 08-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HELLAFASTHEMI
HEHEHEHE i guess im with the slow crew on this one. But if it was not for that supercharger on the lightings it would just be another Ford on the slow lane. J/K I guess we all think that our truck is the top of the line performance truck.
So Ford stuck a blower on a F150.If Dodge/chevy came up w/ the idea first things would be alot different.I don't see why Dodge hasn't done something like that instead of making a SRT 10 Ram that costs alot more to buy and maintain.A S/C Hemi would be a pretty mean truck.Chevy on the other hand could slap a blower on a LS1/LS2 and make one wicked pickup.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

There will be a SC'd 600+hp Z06 soon. Maybe Chevy will SC something else...

you never know.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rgcbshrty
There will be a SC'd 600+hp Z06 soon. Maybe Chevy will SC something else...

you never know.
Yer kiddin' right? GM has used power adders on more vehicles since the 1960's than anyone, and probably more than Ford and Dodge combined. It's not a new idea to use them, but IF Chevrolet sells the "Blue Devil" at all, don't expect a full size truck to stand next in line. It all could happen... It is all unlikely though.

Personally, I expect a S/C'd truck before the B.D. anyway, but NEVER with the same engine used in the ZO6. That's as insane as Dodge using the Viper engine in the Ram. There isn't a point in GM making the same type of mistake.

Quick Reply: When will Hemis' learn?