Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Smoked another HEMI.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Sinister
A funny, funny....most of the time I have to turn wrenches it's on the T/A cause it always breaks and it's stock!! 46k miles...so I definately have a sense of humor cause we plan to buy the new Camaro/Trans Am if they put it out in 09'. Just a sucker for punishment. I probably won't buy another Dodge after this one. If they don't lighten up on the computer tune issues. I am almost ashamed to say I'll probably buy an Import I do like the way the 07' Silverado looks but it's a Chevy. My experience in the many cars I've owned makes me shy away from the GM products. The Trans Am was my girls decision to buy, she likes T/A's. So we got it.

Haha!!!! I work at GM and as far as we can see it is greenlight for said release..... not that i would ever confirm such a rumor....

You will be pleasantly suprised when you see what is happening at gm. We are using our european counterparts to develop better interiors, better fit and finish of everything from the corvette to the aveo.

It will be an overall quality increase, and the reliability on the new models is definitely on the incline, as you can tell by the new warranty.

we have enough engineering and experience with the new engine designs taht failure rate has fallen below 1.5 %..... do you have any idea how many manufacturers can claim that? except toyota?
Old 10-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Teching In

The next GM I will buy is the 20?? GMC Syclone (with said 100K waranty). Until then i'll be waiting on the sidelines...

They should make it int 2011. I figure in 20 years GMC should be able to make another fast truck.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
Haha!!!! I work at GM and as far as we can see it is greenlight for said release..... not that i would ever confirm such a rumor....

You will be pleasantly suprised when you see what is happening at gm. We are using our european counterparts to develop better interiors, better fit and finish of everything from the corvette to the aveo.

It will be an overall quality increase, and the reliability on the new models is definitely on the incline, as you can tell by the new warranty.

we have enough engineering and experience with the new engine designs taht failure rate has fallen below 1.5 %..... do you have any idea how many manufacturers can claim that? except toyota?
I guess GM is taking thier cue from Dodge with the European manufacterer, overseaes there is no such thing as Daimler Chrysler, It's still Daimler Benz..New World Order is on the way.
I'm sorry you work for GM, I know they do hire the handicapped...lol jfwy!!
Just with past experience I'm not to fond of them, maybe the new school will change my mind. We will see with that new Camaro. I saw the rendering for a new T/A and it did look good. It was black with the gold pheonix on the hood looked like old school gone new. Was waiting to see Burt Reynolds and Sally Fields pop out!!