Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Raced a Harley F150 in the VHO

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:41 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran one today on all motor and it was bad, I was 4 trucks ahead by 85mph. Congrats.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

hey i ran with one this a.m. while coming to work... it was about 4am. and we went at it about six times, to say the least he won three of them and i won three of them, either he was on my rear bumper or I was on his rear bumper, I was excited that my truck could keep up with it.... all of the runs were from a 50-60mph roll and up to 98mph......damn i need a tune...
everytime my truck would shut down he would blow right by me... but we ended up exiting the same and talk alittle bit at the light... he said it was all stock and that he is waiting on changing his pulley and something else... he did say man I thought you had a supercharger too until I would see your truck shut down... well i sure did wake-up cause I was sure falling asleep on the way to work....
Old 06-05-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill, I have not got the chance to run one yet
Old 06-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, your thread caught the eye of someone at NHTOC.com and so I thought I would stop in and say hello. I'm not here to bash or be rude or anything, just give you all some info and things to know about the Harley trucks.

First, the 2000 model (supercab-black only) and 2001 (crewcab-black only with stripes at bottom of the doors) are naturally aspirated 5.4 liter engines. Really nice looking trucks, but nothing more than a cosmetic dress up kit and exhaust on a base F-150.

The 2002 (crewcab-black or dark shadow grey both with flame pinstripe) and 2003 (crewcab-black or 2-tone black/silver both with thick silver 100 Anniv. pinstripe) are supercharged with a rated 340 BHP. Most of these trucks in stock form put down about 316-327 HP at the rear wheels and should run about 14.5-14.8 in the 1/4. All that TQ you see listed in someones earlier post is low in the RPM range, so catching one at a light is usually not a good thing for most of your trucks as that low end TQ usually explodes the truck off the line. Up high in the RPMs the stock trucks see a good dropoff in TQ, but the HP stays on fairly well.

The popular thing for a lot of Harley trucks is to add a lower pulley that will almost double the boost from 6lbs to about 10-12lbs and result in the RWHP jumping up to about 360-370. These trucks if driven by a decent driver will drop into the 13.5-13.9 range in the 1/4.

As you all know, just about any truck could be built up to run some very fast times, so although my truck is probably faster than a large percentage of the members here, I already see one post just in this thread from someone that would walk on me.

I'm always game for a little run even if I think I'll lose, so if any of you are in the Charlotte-Monroe area and see a 2-tone Harley truck, give me a little rev and lets see what ya got!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Justin

Welcome to the site. It's always nice for guys with other makes of truck to stop by and fill everyone in on their vehicles. Thanks for the info. You'll have no problem fitting in here no matter what you drive if your interested in performance and not stirring up trouble so it looks like you'll be fine around here.

Stick around, we may convert you over if you're not careful though.

John
Old 06-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Teching In

What Justin said! I'm in the Seattle area and always up for a little fun "playing" with Chevys!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Hey Justin

Welcome to the site. It's always nice for guys with other makes of truck to stop by and fill everyone in on their vehicles. Thanks for the info. You'll have no problem fitting in here no matter what you drive if your interested in performance and not stirring up trouble so it looks like you'll be fine around here.

Stick around, we may convert you over if you're not careful though.

John
Thanks, but as for converting, not gonna happen! I feel about my truck the way most of you feel about yours. I've had several cars and trucks throughout my life, and the almost 2 years I've had the Harley truck have been far and away the best from a vehicle stand point.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677
What Justin said! I'm in the Seattle area and always up for a little fun "playing" with Chevys!
What part of Seattle you in? Do you "play" on the street or at the track? I am sure I can help you line up with a few chevys. Some you WILL lose, some you might win!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do harleys weigh in at
Old 06-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastSCrew
Thanks, but as for converting, not gonna happen! I feel about my truck the way most of you feel about yours. I've had several cars and trucks throughout my life, and the almost 2 years I've had the Harley truck have been far and away the best from a vehicle stand point.
Ahh, it was worth a try.

Quick Reply: Raced a Harley F150 in the VHO