Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Nissan 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan 350Z

Last Tuesday night me and my wife were leaving from the blockbuster in the next town and when we jumped on the entrance ramp to the highway I noticed a black 350Z going pretty fast in the left hand lane. So I get up beside the car and rev it up a little bit and we both take off. By the time the entrance goes into one lane i had the car by about 2-3 lengths and I shut down at 100. After we got on the highway I slowed to 70 and I noticed the 350Z slowed down quite a bit and was pretty far behind me. Eventually I slowed to 65 which is the speed limit and about 2 minutes after all this went down I notice a car coming up pretty fast. This car gets right on my *** and stays there. My first thought is that it's the 350Z, but I stare for a minute in my rear view and could make out a grill guard on the front of the car. It was a cop. Great! I just knew he caught me speeding. Well he stays there for a minute and then goes around. Sure enough, it was a Harris county Sheriff's deputy. Well about 10 minutes later we cross into Liberty county and I could see the 350Z coming up pretty quick behind me. We raced off and on until we got into town. They never really had anything for me. When we stop at the red light in Dayton I look over, and it's a lady and she's just smiling.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Know almost exactly what you mean. I was driving along a certain tollway. This black Mercedes C320 comes up doing about 85-90. So I pace and we wound up getting in a pack. As I'm deciding to move up - preparing to make a move - there HE is...Texas DPS..just sittin' on the side of the road. Aggghh....almost literally slam on the brakes. I slow to 65 so fast I can almost smell the brakes.

I must have done it fast enough that he could not determine just who it was since were were in a pack. He moves in with the pack (which is all doing 65 by now) but stays on the right-hand side. He paces for about 2 miles and then slowly pulls back onto the shoulder.

whew!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by StevenW
Last Tuesday night me and my wife were leaving from the blockbuster in the next town and when we jumped on the entrance ramp to the highway I noticed a black 350Z going pretty fast in the left hand lane. So I get up beside the car and rev it up a little bit and we both take off. By the time the entrance goes into one lane i had the car by about 2-3 lengths and I shut down at 100. After we got on the highway I slowed to 70 and I noticed the 350Z slowed down quite a bit and was pretty far behind me. Eventually I slowed to 65 which is the speed limit and about 2 minutes after all this went down I notice a car coming up pretty fast. This car gets right on my *** and stays there. My first thought is that it's the 350Z, but I stare for a minute in my rear view and could make out a grill guard on the front of the car. It was a cop. Great! I just knew he caught me speeding. Well he stays there for a minute and then goes around. Sure enough, it was a Harris county Sheriff's deputy. Well about 10 minutes later we cross into Liberty county and I could see the 350Z coming up pretty quick behind me. We raced off and on until we got into town. They never really had anything for me. When we stop at the red light in Dayton I look over, and it's a lady and she's just smiling.

what did your wife say?
Old 07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to be a critic but I can't see how a EC/SB Z71 with a tune could hang with a low 14 sec car that pulls hard on the top end. Props if she was on it cause that the strongest 5.3 I've seen.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Colby 04
what did your wife say?
She was running her mouth of course. She says,"Why do you have to race everybody?"

Originally Posted by MonteCarlo31
Not to be a critic but I can't see how a EC/SB Z71 with a tune could hang with a low 14 sec car that pulls hard on the top end. Props if she was on it cause that the strongest 5.3 I've seen.
Well, I don't know what to tell you she may not have been on it all the way but we were hauling ***. I could here here little exhaust pipes start screaming when I first tried to pass her and everytime I let off and she caught up with me.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

those cars are always screaming, I've been next to them just going home in slow traffic on the highway and rolled my window up it sounded so loud but then again, anything louder then stock annoys me and I like my vehicles dynomated to keep them extra quiet.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Whatever. It makes me no difference if you believe me or not. She tried to race me SEVERAL times. I didn't just make this up to put on here. I thought that is what this forum is for. Telling what kills you got. Right? Okay. Well thats what I did.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill... was it a manual?

i raced two around my neck of the woods.. they cant hang down low.. but after i put 3 or 4 lengths on the manual i raced, it came creeping back to within about a length by 125mph... they have a hell of a top end tho, thats for sure.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Teching In

Pretty sure it was an automatic. But I don't know for sure.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

they must not know how to drive a Z then.. i had a Z before i bought my chevy and let me tell you there wasent much that could hang.. i could beat HD trucks my friend had one that was making 477tq and 384hp and he gave me a tough race but i always beat him..

Quick Reply: Nissan 350Z