Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Im a lucky bastard!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have gotten one ticket in 11 years. i have been pulled over 15 times.. never gotten a ticket. thank god i have been lucky several times. the ticket i did get was dismissed.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup that's why i always recommend fighting the ticket, worst case scenario is you get off with less of a fine.

At one point in my life I almost lost my license with the maximum points allowable and only an arbitrary judge kept me from walking for 3 years because i figured it was cheaper to just pay the ticket.

I know better now.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
But the other cop (uniform) will issue the ticket on their behalf. Take it to court plead innocent and when it's your turn to talk all you say to the judge is, "Your honor, I don't know who this officer is. I have a few questions for the officer who allegedly officially witnessed me speeding." The judge looks at the other officer and that's all she wrote. But 80% of people don't go to court. I have had 20+ traffic citations in some way shape or form related to speeding from the age 16 to 30. Took every one of them to court. Haven't had a speeding ticket in a long time. Maybe some other ticket, but not speeding. WHich reminds me, I need to move my V1 into my DD cuz I almost got busted twice yesterday. LOL
Originally Posted by TexCrew
i have gotten one ticket in 11 years. i have been pulled over 15 times.. never gotten a ticket. thank god i have been lucky several times. the ticket i did get was dismissed.
Dewey, nice tactic. To u both, I'm not sure how many times I've been pulled over, prolly less than either of ya'll, but the cops made up for lettin u guys slide by punishing me. I've been pulled over by MI. troopers in more than 1 city, sheriff(same applies), county cops, & city cops too. 1 time I was coming back from track 70 in a 55 on backroads, Trooper let me slide. I've gotten a few breaks too.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No joke, I had a car riding right on my *** so I sped up and changed lanes so they could go by. They got back in behind me and were RIDING RIGHT ON MY BUMPER!! I was like F this AHole and nailed it. Well, when I hit about 90+ mph that car flipped it's lights on!!!! Guy was driving like a jerk on my bumper but, didn't make what I did right either.

He gave me a 80 something in a 55 and I did a little finagling with my "tune" to get it down to a 67 in a 55.

If someone gets behind me and stays behind after changing lanes now I just let off the gas until they get pissed enough to pass me.

Congrats on the great luck WJ!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:57 AM
Where's the Beef?

Yea I hate when cops get right on your *** like that. Its dangerous. I had one get on me so bad one night i couldn't see his headlights any more. I know dang well he can read my tag from further back.
I just hope that one day A deer jumps out in front of me when he's doing that.

I got pulled over the other day (prolly by the same guy). I was comin' up on a stop sign and he flipped a bitch to get behind me. I turn the cornor and he lights em up.
Went down like this.

Me "whats up?"
cop "Whats up?! You were speeding"
Me "speeding where?"
Cop "Right back there"
Me "I was going 33 with my cruise on!" Its a 35 zone.
Cop "Well.. Your brake lights out. you need to get it fixed"

I have a lot of respect for cops and know that even on a routine stop they are just doing their job. but I don't have any respect for liers.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Probably a rookie....borderline harassment but I know in smaller towns they act like that to get to know ya...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
No joke, I had a car riding right on my *** so I sped up and changed lanes so they could go by. They got back in behind me and were RIDING RIGHT ON MY BUMPER!! I was like F this AHole and nailed it. Well, when I hit about 90+ mph that car flipped it's lights on!!!! Guy was driving like a jerk on my bumper but, didn't make what I did right either.

He gave me a 80 something in a 55 and I did a little finagling with my "tune" to get it down to a 67 in a 55.

If someone gets behind me and stays behind after changing lanes now I just let off the gas until they get pissed enough to pass me.

had the same thing happen, except i was racing a mustang on the highway and he was riding our ***...it was very dark out and i thought he just wanted to race with us...didnt know it was a cop.

he stayed on my *** for 2 miles or so...then at a stoplight, he got so close i couldnt see his headlights, so i had the bright idea to do a burnout and sling some rubber on this *******'s hood.

bad idea!! i still had no clue it was a copper, until he came through all the blue smoke with his lights on... my ******* slammed shut when i saw those lights..

he ended up letting me go with a warning, i think he had me on about 5-6 violations. thank GOD he let me go, i would have gotten impounded and lost my license. no more of that stuff for me, i just drive slow and look around a lot lately.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

You my turbo friend have angels watching over you!! LUCKYYYYYY!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS

That's when you need a new Duramax with Allison and drop it down a couple of gears manually. Mine will go from 70-50 in just a couple of seconds without ever touching the brakes. Imangine after the cop rear ended you. Officer I'm placing you under citizens arrest for following too close and reckless driving.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was going through tennesse going to arkansas. i was trying to get on I40 and traffic was horrible. so i just nailed it down the on ramp in my silverado. i sqeeze in between two 18wheelers and go to the outside lane. well when i did i didn't see the speeding car coming around and it almost hit me. so i got in it again to get up and out of the way. next thing i know the car starts flashing its headlights at me. so i hammer it and just take off. get to about 120ish and leave him behind and got infront of some cars. finally the guy catches up and flashes his lights again this time with a badge in the window. i was like yeah right **** you. i wasn't gonna stop for some *** hole with a badge in his own car prolly not even from there. so he got behind me and tailed me for ever. when he would try to pass me to get in front (to try to stop me which he tried once) i would nail it and take off till he was forced behind me again. then after about an hour i had to get gas so i took off and got way in front of him and hit a exit. never saw him again.

Quick Reply: Im a lucky bastard!!!!!