Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

highway roll with a lightning

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MNC5
I've owned a couple of L's great trucks, I'm not going to call BS because its always possible that the guy wasn't racing or the truck had mechanical issues. But then again a cold air intake and a corvette servo could add some serious power.
The guy that was around here would never spool the motor up and build boost from a dig. Anyone with half a brain against him, would know their game, and beat him before he had a chance to build any real boost. Street racing around here back then was nothing more then red light to red light, FI motors rarely had a prayer. That kinda street racing was nothing more then knowing your game and sticking to it. There wasn't jumping on the interstate and racing to 120 mph, the race was generally over by 50mph, unless you were just unlucky enough to catch the next light on green. The one night I caught 2 lights in a race, I got stopped. The officer informed me I was doing 75MPH in a 40 MPH. I knew him and he sent me home. As long as we didn't break 45-50 or spin the tires, generally the police would leave us alone and let us play.

I never beat him, but he never got away from me, until the mysterious NOS badges appeared on the truck. After that, I didn't have a prayer.

I had ex-in-laws with a lightning, wasn't impressed riding in it. I drove the Harley fords when they would come in the dealership, I wasn't impressed with them either. Not to say they were slow, just not impressed for all the hype that's out there.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Subscribed... waiting for some footage
Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 AM
TECH Addict

Still on the look out for another lightning that would be a good match. Got the camara primed and ready.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Still on the look out for another lightning that would be a good match. Got the camara primed and ready.

LOL!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Since you have the camera ready race scott and let me know when this happens. I'll be a witness
Old 07-22-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

if he beats scott im going to run my truck into a bridge overpass and set it on fire and give up on putting any performance parts on my truck ever! I did a motor swap in my slow truck and didn't pick up enough power to pass a buick lesabre on the highway haha! but seriously a tune and intake, exhaust and it will roll a lightning, I have a 6.0 with a mp 70mm front mount and i raced a pullied tuned, lt's L the other night and he rolled out on me but i was supposed to lose cause he put down like 450 and never spun, I would love to see a video of a real race where both of you are running!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any fast (built) Lightings aroung the jack town area? Cuz i aint seen any..
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha yea one in starkville, there is a damn quick one in vicksburg, and a few other hd trucks that used to be here but im not sure about them anymore! Look sign up for our local forum otracing.hqforums.com and ill approve ya use the same s/n. there are a bunch of local guys there!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

neighbor has a stockish lightning i get him off the gas and murder him on the gas.

I know my trucks not a tahoe but anything can happen on the street/highway.

But i tend to agree with most little hard to beleive but you never know, now ill be trying to race tahoes all the time.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cttandy
The guy that was around here would never spool the motor up and build boost from a dig. Anyone with half a brain against him, would know their game, and beat him before he had a chance to build any real boost. Street racing around here back then was nothing more then red light to red light, FI motors rarely had a prayer. That kinda street racing was nothing more then knowing your game and sticking to it. There wasn't jumping on the interstate and racing to 120 mph, the race was generally over by 50mph, unless you were just unlucky enough to catch the next light on green. The one night I caught 2 lights in a race, I got stopped. The officer informed me I was doing 75MPH in a 40 MPH. I knew him and he sent me home. As long as we didn't break 45-50 or spin the tires, generally the police would leave us alone and let us play.

I never beat him, but he never got away from me, until the mysterious NOS badges appeared on the truck. After that, I didn't have a prayer.

I had ex-in-laws with a lightning, wasn't impressed riding in it. I drove the Harley fords when they would come in the dealership, I wasn't impressed with them either. Not to say they were slow, just not impressed for all the hype that's out there.
My L's didn't need to spool up boost was instantaneous and I'd never imagine losing any time of race to a Heavy Tahoe with a 5.3 for me its BS unless the guy wasn't racing or had mechanical issues.

Quick Reply: highway roll with a lightning