Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

highway roll with a lightning

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CrashNburn07
You can see my mod's in my sig, the same as your tahoe, I have no hitch, no rear bumper, no bed cover, I hit up a lighting with an older guy on the freeway a few months ago and at about 65 when he came along side me I dropped it to 3rd and tow/haul and he raped me. I'm sorry but it does not add up, and I handed a WRX its *** up and down the freeway a month ago not an STI with the wing but a WRX nonetheless. Either there was something wrong with his L (the one you raced) or the one I raced was definitely not stock.
The one you raced prolly wasnt stock.. You should be around 14.5-14.7 i would think .. so a stock lighting wouldnt put to much of a beating on you.. IMO
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
The one you raced prolly wasnt stock.. You should be around 14.5-14.7 i would think .. so a stock lighting wouldnt put to much of a beating on you.. IMO
That makes more sense . . .
Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

My buddies old 99 lightning ran a 13.0 @ 104 with only intake and exhaust. Of course this was with cooler weather but none the less thats still a respectable time.

In the heat he could only pull off 13.9 - 13.7's @ like 99 or 100 mph.

Here is a vid in "mexico" of me running him when i had the stock cam, 3000 stall, full bolt on's (minus UD pulley), 4.10's, wheatleys tuning. Again all the L has is intake, and exhaust.

20 - 100

By the time my speedo was @ 100mph he had about a length/length1/2 on me.

There are some lightnings that run really well and some that don't. Kinda like every other truck in the world lol. Every lightning that i have run into runs pretty good.

Haven't ran any since i put the cam in... my buddy doesn't have the L anymore so i cannot compare. Im sure ill find some at the meet i go to... see if i can get a video going.

Like i said earlier... vids or it didn't happen
Old 07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Well since i got the 3.42 gears i can use 2nd. Puts me at about 4500rpm. My truck makes most power at 5 to 5500. So when i hit it it takes off hard
We have the same motor and Justin has street tuned mine just like yours so I guess when I hit it my truck doesn't take off hard but yours does ? It doesn't matter gear I put it in once it downshifts and floor it screams to 6K, your Tahoe weighs about 1500 lbs more than my truck your just getting carried away now, now you can run my RCSB. Good day.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

We have the same motor and Justin has street tuned mine just like yours so I guess when I hit it my truck doesn't take off hard but yours does ? It doesn't matter gear I put it in once it downshifts and floor it screams to 6K, your Tahoe weighs about 1500 lbs more than my truck your just getting carried away now, now you can run my RCSB. Good day.

Sure, Bring it on over.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a side note I think it is cool your being a good sport about this... Now get some vids damn it
Old 07-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

He probably doesn't even have a tahoe!

jfwy
Old 07-23-2009, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Sure, Bring it on over.
You cant even acknowledge the fact we have the exact same drivetrain and exactly the same mods and my truck is lowered and and weighs a **** ton less than your Tahoe, and then you actually try telling me how hard your Tahoe pulls like I don't have a ******* Blackbear tune ? Since your from Texas why dont you post this story up on rgvperformancetrucks.net with some of quickest trucks in the US including Flaco's and see what they say. The only person who agreed that this happened in this entire thread knows you like a buddy and lives in the same town as you. Maybe they put a throttle body spacer on at the factory and you didn't even know it then I would believe you LOL And quit replying back defending your 3.42 gears and all this 2nd gear bullshit next week will hear you got new tires and beat an SRT8 Charger

Did that bring enough ? Post a video or STFU.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 AM
13 Second Truck Club

You cant even acknowledge the fact we have the exact same drivetrain and exactly the same mods and my truck is lowered and and weighs a **** ton less than your Tahoe, and then you actually try telling me how hard your Tahoe pulls like I don't have a ******* Blackbear tune ? Since your from Texas why dont you post this story up on rgvperformancetrucks.net with some of quickest trucks in the US including Flaco's and see what they say. The only person who agreed that this happened in this entire thread knows you like a buddy and lives in the same town as you. Maybe they put a throttle body spacer on at the factory and you didn't even know it then I would believe you LOL And quit replying back defending your 3.42 gears and all this 2nd gear bullshit next week will hear you got new tires and beat an SRT8 Charger

STFU, Jesus Christ man, get over it.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:00 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude we're not on tech. Chill out!
I'm for a video!

Quick Reply: highway roll with a lightning