Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Anyone just go out and look for a race?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexCrew
almost better than sex..huh..lol

almost, haha
Old 12-15-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DozerDan
I know how you feel about getting the tune and then no racing going on. I got my tune about a month ago and the two bottles of nitrous that I've went through have been wasted on the dyno, tuning and givin people rides.
What did you dyno with and without nitrous?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thiems
Sounds good...hell we can run them with nitrous, without, from a dig, from a roll (anywhere from 1-100)...I saw your truck in Hennessey around lunch today. I was hauling my girlfriend's sister's car back from Stillwater or else I would have stopped in. I did honk though...
he stopped by so he could get a ride in my truck..
Old 12-16-2006, 01:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dirt_track_racer_81
he stopped by so he could get a ride in my truck..
All I can say about that thing is ****** crazy fast...WITHOUT NITROUS

Without nitrous I think it was like 240 and with is like 313. I'll be around sunday. May have to hook up then. I think I'm about out of nitrous so you may be in luck
Old 12-16-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Without nitrous I think it was like 240 and with is like 313. I'll be around sunday. May have to hook up then. I think I'm about out of nitrous so you may be in luck
well atleast you gotta ride in it before my new tranny fucked up..
Old 12-16-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

Hmm...interesting. Mine dynoed at 248 rwhp and 280 rwtq before the e-fans, headers & or y-pipe (I think, I can't remember if they were on there then), and 4.10's. They shut it down at 4800 rpm which sucked because the horsepower was still climbing. I think it was going to make it in the mid 260 region probably. Either way, still should be a good race.

I have my nitrous bottle sitting in my truck...it isn't hooked up or anything but it makes me feel a hell of a lot faster...
Old 12-16-2006, 02:23 AM
11 Second Club

Now that we've succesfully jacked this guys thread...sorry...where'd you get dynoed?
We'll try to do it sunday and then before you go back to school we'll try it with my cam, gears, and shift kit. Then if you still beat me, to hell with ya I'm flippin the switch
Old 12-16-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Now that we've succesfully jacked this guys thread...sorry...where'd you get dynoed?
We'll try to do it sunday and then before you go back to school we'll try it with my cam, gears, and shift kit. Then if you still beat me, to hell with ya I'm flippin the switch
We haven't hijacked it yet...we are 'going out and looking for a race'. I got dynoed at Oklahoma Performance Automotive in OKC. Which cam and gears are you getting?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

What kind of dyno was it?
216/224 .551 vinci cam, thunder550's old one and 4.10's, gonna need a TC too

I did go out and look for a race tonight though, actually the past two nights. Well I found one tonight. Found an s-10 with a LT1 but he wouldn't race but he said he had a buddy with a TA(which had an LS1)that would. So I said ok. I'm like them other guys, I'll race anything. So we went out of town to their racin spot. I did alot better than I thought I would with the 3.23's. I sprayed it once I got goin and stayed at his back fender through first, shut it off before the shift into second, then turned it back on and pulled up to his side mirror and stayed there til the top of second and then when I hit third the nitrous just shut off for some reason and away he went. I'm thinkin maybe I lost fuel pressure(plugged EVAP) and my safety switch shut it off. I dunno though. I think with the 4.10's and the cam I got him though.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by thiems
Hmm...interesting. Mine dynoed at 248 rwhp and 280 rwtq before the e-fans, headers & or y-pipe (I think, I can't remember if they were on there then), and 4.10's. They shut it down at 4800 rpm which sucked because the horsepower was still climbing. I think it was going to make it in the mid 260 region probably. Either way, still should be a good race.

I have my nitrous bottle sitting in my truck...it isn't hooked up or anything but it makes me feel a hell of a lot faster...
Dan was on a mustang dyno too..lower numbers..

Quick Reply: Anyone just go out and look for a race?