Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

2010 HEMI CC vs 2004 Ford Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GodBuiltMy5oh
defend a lightning on vtcoa? That's a waste of time. I try to learn there, not troll there like most LR members do.

And i could post some QC vs me vids too but the guy is now running mid 11's in that QC. such a beast!
I said nothin about defending them. Out of the many forums I frequent that site is one of the worst as far as learning anything. The doucebaggery to enthusiast ratio is about as low as humanly possible. They are a sensitive bunch.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA81
They wont even allow HEMI on the list and we are also ram's. My friend ram was taken of the list and they would even accept my 11.8 pass in my 5.7 cause maybe i would also be faster than most. That made me want to get faster and call them all out but once they saw i have a 426 HEMI they dont talk **** nomore.

There are some cool guys on there but most are dicks

Yeah they took off anything non SRT-10. I figured they'd just remove all of the lightnings off of their list and at least keep the Dodges but they took out any regular Ram or Dakota runs as well..

I geuss to each their own. If I was in their shoes I'd be pissed too. You got a list of the top 20 fastest trucks on your site and only 7 of them were SRT-10s and only 1 of those in the top 10.

With all of the bs aside, you have a gorgeous truck and good job on those runs. They definitely have some umph! The Lightnings shifting sounds a bit slow/tame to have a VB installed but regardless it looked like you guys had fun.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
I said nothin about defending them. Out of the many forums I frequent that site is one of the worst as far as learning anything. The doucebaggery to enthusiast ratio is about as low as humanly possible. They are a sensitive bunch.

Yeah they took off anything non SRT-10. I figured they'd just remove all of the lightnings off of their list and at least keep the Dodges but they took out any regular Ram or Dakota runs as well..

I geuss to each their own. If I was in their shoes I'd be pissed too. You got a list of the top 20 fastest trucks on your site and only 7 of them were SRT-10s and only 1 of those in the top 10.

With all of the bs aside, you have a gorgeous truck and good job on those runs. They definitely have some umph! The Lightnings shifting sounds a bit slow/tame to have a VB installed but regardless it looked like you guys had fun.

Yeah true they have to much pride to swallow but o well. Thanks for the comp he and i were both shock of the outcome but im not sure he had the whole valvebody but just a shimple transgo shift kit but who knows. He and i will have some fun at the shootout next month and we both are going to run our race trucks

The Daytona has a 426 w/ 11.5 compression, and the Bee has a 426 w/ 11.1 compression

Old 09-10-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Veteran

^^ Both very nice trucks! They look amazing
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
^^ Both very nice trucks! They look amazing
Thanks they should be out this month and hopefully tuned. We are both going to try to have them for the shootout and even though we are in the same crew we still going try them out in track trim and hopefully both break 11's N/A..

If the srt8 JEEP converted into 2wd can do it im sure we can too
Old 09-10-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive got a Ram RT 2011. I thought that Lightning would wax it all around. Kinda hard to compete with all that torque anda lighter truck. Think with the RT are traction. My 22's spin really easy. And after I get all the bolt ons on its only gonna get worse. Bogart will make 18" Rims for the RT. So far on my I Phone I ran a 14.81 at 94.7 but that was with a 2.64 60 foot! So a high 13 is possible in stock form.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Typical '04 Lightnings will run mid 13s bone stock.

My '01 did back to back 13.4s and a bunch of 13.6s after it heat soaked (Slowest was a 13.8 where I heard a pop and let off). I came back without the spare tire, tow hitch setup, leer ton cover and tail gate and laid down back to back 13.2s followed by a whole line of 13.3s with severe traction problems.

This was bone stock on regular street tires after I went through and changed my plugs as well as cleaned my IC and intake setup. You'd be surprised how bad they get and how neglected MOST Ls are because the owners don't know better or its too big of a job.

We're talking a MASSIVE difference between a freshly maintained L with cleaned IC, regapped plugs and distilled water/ water wetter to keep things cool. It was like a brand new truck. It makes me wonder just how many other trucks are in a similar situation, racing without all of the full maint. performed.

Its the only thing that comes to mind when I see Ls in the 14s. besides altitude.

It's all just an after thought. RACE WHAT YOU BROUGHT! >=P
Old 09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

daytona81 your truck runs pretty good vs the lightning from a 60 roll. tell you buddy with the lightning for god sake turn off the overdrive button where the truck will shift properly. for the mods you listed for the lightning he also needs a tune for the truck.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by svtlightning02
daytona81 your truck runs pretty good vs the lightning from a 60 roll. tell you buddy with the lightning for god sake turn off the overdrive button where the truck will shift properly. for the mods you listed for the lightning he also needs a tune for the truck.
Thanks but i believe he is selling the lightning and is going to invest in a 2012 F150 crewcab 5.0 and keep the rumble bee 426 for racing. I do believe he knows about the overdrive button but dont know if he used it cause he did mention it. Either way thansk for the complements. I do plan on tuning it and adding a R/T converter, 3.92 and LT headers. I like driving a semi fast Daily driver
Old 09-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Only thing the OD on/off on a lightning does is let her shift to over drive. Other wise it will rev higher in 3rd. That's it.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Thats crazy, nice trucks man

Quick Reply: 2010 HEMI CC vs 2004 Ford Lighting