PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   04 RC Silvy 4.8 kills new Hemi Ram CrewCab (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/04-rc-silvy-4-8-kills-new-hemi-ram-crewcab-466526/)

cthotrodder72 07-28-2010 09:20 PM

04 RC Silvy 4.8 kills new Hemi Ram CrewCab

Just killed a new Hemi Ram on my way home from work.
Guy rolls up out of nowhere in his new Hemi Ram all clean and shiny. Still had dealer plates. I look over, he nods and points all excited like. So I nod "ok".
Light turns green and I jump off the line on him. He creeps back up right away. I maintain half my truck's length on him til about 70, where my lil 4.8 loves to be at full throttle, and I pull. Then he backs off and I look down... doin 90 on a residential/commercial 35mph speed limit road!
I got off that road quick and went the longer way home today. Lol.

outlawz2004 07-28-2010 09:43 PM

Whats your mods? I dont see it happening unless you have more than what you have listed in your sig( I know some people dont post what they have). Come on, a flowmaster, tb spacer, and a hypertech, and you look like you have some larger wheels. The new hemis are quick even stock.

DAYTONA81 07-28-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by outlawz2004 (Post 4508387)
whats your mods? I dont see it happening unless you have more than what you have listed in your sig( i know some people dont post what they have). Come on, a flowmaster, tb spacer, and a hypertech, and you look like you have some larger wheels. The new hemis are quick even stock.

good kill either way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,

but i have to go with outlaw i have beat a NNBS tuned 6.0 crewcab in my stock 2010 hemi crewcab, but at the same time some guys just dont know how to drive and the 2 sec lag on these dodges hurts us bad thats why i manual shift when i race. I beat a nnbs crewcab chevy with a loud muffler today( mods unknown) be he let off as soon as he saw he wasnt catching up

outlawz2004 07-28-2010 10:04 PM

I mean, it could have happened but it just doesnt seem like it to me, stranger things have happened. I guess I will say good kill anyway though.

cthotrodder72 07-29-2010 02:26 AM

It was a crew cab Dodge. I seen leather seats so it may have had a lot of options, which tells me it was heavy... Dodges are usually pretty heavy.
@outlaw - those actually are all the mods on my truck right now.
@Daytona - my truck launches pretty hard... no wheelspin on the street. Never taken it to the track. I credit that to 20inch wheels, 275/45 tires, limited slip diff, and not enough torque from the lil 4.8 for a burnout.
And the Dodge did seem to hesitate off the line... I've noticed a lot of newer trucks do. Mine did before the Hypertech and tb spacer.

La Azulita 07-29-2010 03:43 AM

Good kill bro

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by cthotrodder72 (Post 4508508)
It was a crew cab Dodge. I seen leather seats so it may have had a lot of options, which tells me it was heavy... Dodges are usually pretty heavy.
@outlaw - those actually are all the mods on my truck right now.
@Daytona - my truck launches pretty hard... no wheelspin on the street. Never taken it to the track. I credit that to 20inch wheels, 275/45 tires, limited slip diff, and not enough torque from the lil 4.8 for a burnout.
And the Dodge did seem to hesitate off the line... I've noticed a lot of newer trucks do. Mine did before the Hypertech and tb spacer.

not doubt it didnt happen and the new dodges are dogs from a dig especially the crew cab which most come with 3.55 like mine but from a 35 or higher roll they move.....oh they are bigger tires.. 275/60

either way good kill

outlawz2004 07-29-2010 10:10 AM

Yeah, that 2 second delay off the line kills them.

smokeshow 07-29-2010 01:22 PM

Where does this 2 second delay come from?

skolman91 07-29-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by smokeshow (Post 4508691)
Where does this 2 second delay come from?

its the tranny downshift imo.
my 03 acted like it had to call chrysler first and get permission to downshift before it actually would sometimes. slow as shit..:bang:
also there stock dbw settings arent the greatest, but neither are gm's so i dont think id count that as a excuse..

1LOW4X4 07-29-2010 01:35 PM

Why does everyone always take up for the dodges when they get beat. I cant wait to get the LS1 and a 150 shot and spray the fuck outta every one I see. I can already beat hemi's with just a tune. Never raced a new one

Thinkin hard about bringing the truck back up to sleeper status just to see the look on their faces

smokeshow 07-29-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by skolman91 (Post 4508697)
its the tranny downshift imo.
my 03 acted like it had to call chrysler first and get permission to downshift before it actually would sometimes. slow as shit..:bang:

Lmao. So its not unreasonable that he'd walk all over the hemi if it wasn't tuned...

skolman91 07-29-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by smokeshow (Post 4508700)
Lmao. So its not unreasonable that he'd walk all over the hemi if it wasn't tuned...

i wouldnt say walk, sounds to me it was only a half a truck anyway. but yes if you look at it like a brand new cc(heavy balls) dodge still with dealer plates got beat half a truck by a "barely modded" light rcsb 4.8 id say it was possible imo..

smokeshow 07-29-2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4 (Post 4508699)
Thinkin hard about bringing the truck back up to sleeper status just to see the look on their faces

I can hardly get a rise out of anyone with my truck its such a sleeper, kinda sucks. :( Nobody gives it a second thought, I literally have to bake the tires next to them to get someone to glance over. Maybe I should just get a pt.net sticker to use as bait to lure people in... :lol:

1LOW4X4 07-29-2010 01:53 PM

that or personal plates that give hints. Everyone likes to play with a low4x4. And I honor their requests everytime. Win some lose some.

smokeshow 07-29-2010 02:00 PM

I read that the chances of your vehicle getting stolen or tampered with when you have personalized plates is like 160% higher... Tucson's on one of the highways to Mexico and is a hotspot for car theft :(

1LOW4X4 07-29-2010 02:06 PM

Well nevermind then! lol

smokeshow 07-29-2010 02:10 PM

I do like the "VTECLOL" plate though haha

outlawz2004 07-29-2010 03:57 PM

Why does everyone always take up for the dodges when they get beat. I cant wait to get the LS1 and a 150 shot and spray the fuck outta every one I see. I can already beat hemi's with just a tune. Never raced a new one

Why does everyone brag about beating a stock hemi with a modded chevy?? LOL Its a discussion board, everyones opinion is what keeps it going.The dodge guys are going to talk crap to the chevy guys and vice versa. Its been going on for years, nothing is going to change now. :burnout::burnout: The newer hemis are pretty quick bone stock, if they had the tuning and aftermarket we had, the chevy would be hurting IMO.

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 04:04 PM

want to run a 2010 crewcab bone stock HEMI....so you can experience racing one with a driver that know how to drive. Not talking shit but ill run one manual shifting and on one run ill leave it in D so you can see the 2 sec delay...

let me know send me a PM

oh and i have beat cammed, fully bolton, 3.73 flaco tune LS1 trucks on 16's with my daytona on 22's....just saying. whenever your ready let me know and we can both spray.

Im not talking shit but it seems like you really want to race a hemi so im giving you two opitions ...my daytona or 2010 crewcab bone stock

1LOW4X4 07-29-2010 05:13 PM

People brag about beating a hemi because IT'S A HEMI. Supposedly the fastest thing on the planet. If they didn't make such a big deal about their hemi no one would care.

Daytona, I'll race you from a dig, roll, whatever. I'll race you all night. I don't care if I get beat, if I'm stupid enough to race a modded hemi in a stock truck, then I deserve to get beat and you deserve to brag about it. Same fucking thing with a modded chevy and a stock dodge. "it's got a hemi"......

How can we help but brag about it when everyone and their mom brags about how great a hemi is

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1low4x4 (Post 4508831)
people brag about beating a hemi because it's a hemi. Supposedly the fastest thing on the planet. If they didn't make such a big deal about their hemi no one would care.

Daytona, i'll race you from a dig, roll, whatever. I'll race you all night. I don't care if i get beat, if i'm stupid enough to race a modded hemi in a stock truck, then i deserve to get beat and you deserve to brag about it. Same fucking thing with a modded chevy and a stock dodge. "it's got a hemi"......

How can we help but brag about it when everyone and their mom brags about how great a hemi is

ok well not every dodge onwer is the same. Is it our fault that it's called a hemi...no just cause i drive a dodge does it make them a cocky prick? No. Im wanting to race your low4x4 in my heavy bone stock hemi so you can see what there about cause it seem like you dont like you fellow chevy guy backing up the hemi. I give respect where respect is due and the new hemi has some balls liek the new tundra do to as much as i hate that jap crap. Im calling you out in my daytona once you put your ls1 and 150 shot like you said and ill run you in that. Im not much about bragging about beating a stock chevy in a modded hemi so you will never see a thread like that from me. Like how you see cammed 5.3, 6.0 braggin they beat a 15 sec truck dodge.

THIS IS WHAT IM CALLING YOU OUT IN....BONE STOCK 2010 CREWCAB HEMI.

MANY BRAG ABOUT BEATING A HEMI WELL SINCE YOU HATE DODGE SO MUCH HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO BEAT ONE WITH A GOOD DRIVER. IF YOU BEAT ME I DONT CARE ITS HEAVY AND STOCK AND NOT MY RACE TRUCK

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...7/DSCN1156.jpg

BlackGMC 07-29-2010 05:42 PM

Just so i understand... A modded RC Chevy beat a bone stock CC dodge? Is that correct? if so, i must say that is some accomplishment...

blazinblue 07-29-2010 05:49 PM

i couldn't beat my dads stock 03 hemi when i was on 4.8 diablosport 373's, i cant imagine the outcome with a 2010 dodge

1LOW4X4 07-29-2010 05:54 PM

Yea you are right, I hate dodge. And you are really getting on my fucking nerves right now. If you want to drive to fucking Lumberton Texas and race me with you video camera, then have at it. I don't remember in this thread where I said my truck would beat a NEW hemi but i am not afraid to race anything. I have a 15 second truck in it's current form.

By you being so fucking cocky and arrogant with your new hemi you are solidifying the image that hemi drivers have. How about you bring your new hemi and I'll bring my suburban. It's got an aluminum 5.3 so it should run 13s.....

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1low4x4 (Post 4508863)
yea you are right, i hate dodge. And you are really getting on my fucking nerves right now. If you want to drive to fucking lumberton texas and race me with you video camera, then have at it. I don't remember in this thread where i said my truck would beat a new hemi but i am not afraid to race anything. I have a 15 second truck in it's current form.

By you being so fucking cocky and arrogant with your new hemi you are solidifying the image that hemi drivers have. How about you bring your new hemi and i'll bring my suburban. It's got an aluminum 5.3 so it should run 13s.....

lmao must be drunk again......your the one getting pissy cause your fellow chevy guy on pt.net are backing up the hemi....im not cocky but i back up facts. I wont waste my time going over there to race a 15 sec truck but was giving you a chance to race the new hemi since you think they are garbage only if you met up closer to my side of town but i guess your dont want none of the new hemi...so let me know when your going to be closer to houston and ill go meet and race even if its the suburban hell bring both of your truck. It wont bother me if i lose i know i have a 11 sec dodge in my garage

Oh and i dont care if im getting on your nerves cause i've seen your other thread and they were a joke and made me laugh..lmao

1LOW4X4 07-29-2010 06:10 PM

I don't drink. From now on stay out of my threads and I'll stay out of yours cause I really can't stand you

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1low4x4 (Post 4508870)
i don't drink. From now on stay out of my threads and i'll stay out of yours cause i really can't stand you

lmao lmao lmao

Gary's Hemi 07-29-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4 (Post 4508870)
I don't drink. From now on stay out of my threads and I'll stay out of yours cause I really can't stand you

Hahaha somebody is stuck in grade school acting like a lil pissy ass kid....GROW UP BOY!!

Everytime you post in a dodge related thread its always a bunch of hate & cursing spewing out your childish mouth. I thought the mods supposedly straightened you out not to long ago. Doesnt look like it.

Until you do the mods your wanting to do you have a 15 second truck so stop running your lil 14 yr old girl mouth & give credit where credit is due THEN & only THEN when you get your set up done then come back & try again.

I love chevy's alot & want 1 & agree that they can be made faster but you my friend make all the great guys in the chevy crowd look bad on your behalf

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gary's Hemi (Post 4508888)
Hahaha somebody is stuck in grade school acting like a lil pissy ass kid....GROW UP BOY!!

Everytime you post in a dodge related thread its always a bunch of hate & cursing spewing out your childish mouth. I thought the mods supposedly straightened you out not to long ago. Doesnt look like it.

Until you do the mods your wanting to do you have a 15 second truck so stop running your lil 14 yr old girl mouth & give credit where credit is due THEN & only THEN when you get your set up done then come back & try again.

I love chevy's alot & want 1 & agree that they can be made faster but you my friend make all the great guys in the chevy crowd look bad on your behalf

:usa:x2

Gary's Hemi 07-29-2010 07:03 PM

If any chevy guys in La want to come hang out & shoot the shit & maybe get a race or 2 in come out to state capital saturday night. Me & sldhemi will be out there. Its supposed to be hot(forecasted around a 100*) but we are just going to have some fun. I would be happy w/ some 12.0-12.2 passes. From what I understand theres a bunch of people going

Yall might have a chance to beat on some low 12 second dodges since yall hate them so much lol

outlawz2004 07-29-2010 07:07 PM

Damn, $hit got serious in here.LOL

Gary's Hemi 07-29-2010 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by outlawz2004 (Post 4508893)
Damn, $hit got serious in here.LOL

Na just 1 person is being that typical old get out my lawn guy from next door haahaha

outlawz2004 07-29-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gary's Hemi (Post 4508891)
If any chevy guys in La want to come hang out & shoot the shit & maybe get a race or 2 in come out to state capital saturday night. Me & sldhemi will be out there. Its supposed to be hot(forecasted around a 100*) but we are just going to have some fun. I would be happy w/ some 12.0-12.2 passes. From what I understand theres a bunch of people going

Yall might have a chance to beat on some low 12 second dodges since yall hate them so much lol

Man, I wish my wife wasnt working this weekend, I would have loved to come out and beat up on yall with my 14 second chevy. I got my two kids to take care of this weekend though. Maybe we can put something together later this year, it seems we have a lot of people here now from Louisiana.

Gary's Hemi 07-29-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by outlawz2004 (Post 4508896)
Man, I wish my wife wasnt working this weekend, I would have loved to come out and beat up on yall with my 14 second chevy. I got my two kids to take care of this weekend though. Maybe we can put something together later this year, it seems we have a lot of people here now from Louisiana.

That sounds like a plan to me about putting something together maybe in the fall or whenever lol.

That sucks ya cant come. I would like to see alot of truck guys there. I'm so tired of seeing a track packed full of mustangs & ricers. I have been around for 7 or 8 yrs now. For all we know I could have raced w/ ya before hahaha. Just never really got on here alot until the last month or so.

Bring them w/ ya hahaha. jj I understand why you wouldnt want to. I cant wait to have a lil boy to pal around w/ me at the track when he gets old enough lol

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 07:17 PM

Damn i still want to go over there and race with ben and gary...one day

Gary's Hemi 07-29-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by DAYTONA81 (Post 4508902)
Damn i still want to go over there and race with ben and gary...one day

You dont know how close I am to coming over tomorrow w/ yall. I want to bad but I dont want to drive 4 hrs home after the track or take the risk of breaking something 4 hrs from home. Its tempting though

outlawz2004 07-29-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gary's Hemi (Post 4508901)
That sounds like a plan to me about putting something together maybe in the fall or whenever lol.

That sucks ya cant come. I would like to see alot of truck guys there. I'm so tired of seeing a track packed full of mustangs & ricers. I have been around for 7 or 8 yrs now. For all we know I could have raced w/ ya before hahaha. Just never really got on here alot until the last month or so.

Bring them w/ ya hahaha. jj I understand why you wouldnt want to. I cant wait to have a lil noy to pal around w/ me at the track when he gets old enough lol

My one boy always comes with me, but the other is only 6 months old. The noise would probably scare him. I dont think I have ever seen you out there, hell I never see any dodges when I go. Only once I saw an SRT10 there, and up at Red River Raceway years ago I ran a red ext cab dodge hemi. I met Blue Cajun there a couple times. Thats an impressive truck, and Lance will help you out any way he can.

outlawz2004 07-29-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4 (Post 4508870)

Not to poke the fire, but this isnt your thread.:confused::judge:

Gary's Hemi 07-29-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by outlawz2004 (Post 4508916)
My one boy always comes with me, but the other is only 6 months old. The noise would probably scare him. I dont think I have ever seen you out there, hell I never see any dodges when I go. Only once I saw an SRT10 there, and up at Red River Raceway years ago I ran a red ext cab dodge hemi. I met Blue Cajun there a couple times. Thats an impressive truck, and Lance will help you out any way he can.

I hear ya man. There is always another time. Its really too hot to be going right now anyway