PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   04 RC Silvy 4.8 kills new Hemi Ram CrewCab (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/04-rc-silvy-4-8-kills-new-hemi-ram-crewcab-466526/)

cthotrodder72 07-28-2010 09:20 PM

04 RC Silvy 4.8 kills new Hemi Ram CrewCab

Just killed a new Hemi Ram on my way home from work.
Guy rolls up out of nowhere in his new Hemi Ram all clean and shiny. Still had dealer plates. I look over, he nods and points all excited like. So I nod "ok".
Light turns green and I jump off the line on him. He creeps back up right away. I maintain half my truck's length on him til about 70, where my lil 4.8 loves to be at full throttle, and I pull. Then he backs off and I look down... doin 90 on a residential/commercial 35mph speed limit road!
I got off that road quick and went the longer way home today. Lol.

outlawz2004 07-28-2010 09:43 PM

Whats your mods? I dont see it happening unless you have more than what you have listed in your sig( I know some people dont post what they have). Come on, a flowmaster, tb spacer, and a hypertech, and you look like you have some larger wheels. The new hemis are quick even stock.

DAYTONA81 07-28-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by outlawz2004 (Post 4508387)
whats your mods? I dont see it happening unless you have more than what you have listed in your sig( i know some people dont post what they have). Come on, a flowmaster, tb spacer, and a hypertech, and you look like you have some larger wheels. The new hemis are quick even stock.

good kill either way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,

but i have to go with outlaw i have beat a NNBS tuned 6.0 crewcab in my stock 2010 hemi crewcab, but at the same time some guys just dont know how to drive and the 2 sec lag on these dodges hurts us bad thats why i manual shift when i race. I beat a nnbs crewcab chevy with a loud muffler today( mods unknown) be he let off as soon as he saw he wasnt catching up

outlawz2004 07-28-2010 10:04 PM

I mean, it could have happened but it just doesnt seem like it to me, stranger things have happened. I guess I will say good kill anyway though.

cthotrodder72 07-29-2010 02:26 AM

It was a crew cab Dodge. I seen leather seats so it may have had a lot of options, which tells me it was heavy... Dodges are usually pretty heavy.
@outlaw - those actually are all the mods on my truck right now.
@Daytona - my truck launches pretty hard... no wheelspin on the street. Never taken it to the track. I credit that to 20inch wheels, 275/45 tires, limited slip diff, and not enough torque from the lil 4.8 for a burnout.
And the Dodge did seem to hesitate off the line... I've noticed a lot of newer trucks do. Mine did before the Hypertech and tb spacer.

La Azulita 07-29-2010 03:43 AM

Good kill bro

DAYTONA81 07-29-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by cthotrodder72 (Post 4508508)
It was a crew cab Dodge. I seen leather seats so it may have had a lot of options, which tells me it was heavy... Dodges are usually pretty heavy.
@outlaw - those actually are all the mods on my truck right now.
@Daytona - my truck launches pretty hard... no wheelspin on the street. Never taken it to the track. I credit that to 20inch wheels, 275/45 tires, limited slip diff, and not enough torque from the lil 4.8 for a burnout.
And the Dodge did seem to hesitate off the line... I've noticed a lot of newer trucks do. Mine did before the Hypertech and tb spacer.

not doubt it didnt happen and the new dodges are dogs from a dig especially the crew cab which most come with 3.55 like mine but from a 35 or higher roll they move.....oh they are bigger tires.. 275/60

either way good kill

outlawz2004 07-29-2010 10:10 AM

Yeah, that 2 second delay off the line kills them.

smokeshow 07-29-2010 01:22 PM

Where does this 2 second delay come from?

skolman91 07-29-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by smokeshow (Post 4508691)
Where does this 2 second delay come from?

its the tranny downshift imo.
my 03 acted like it had to call chrysler first and get permission to downshift before it actually would sometimes. slow as shit..:bang:
also there stock dbw settings arent the greatest, but neither are gm's so i dont think id count that as a excuse..