PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Whistle pig build

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks man! Fortunately this truck didn't have any power options. But I guess I just don't understand the electrical aspects of this truck like I should. For as dumb as it sounds, honestly the only thing I was really concerned with keeping was the radio (standard AM/FM/CD) and also the headlights and running lights. Everything else I'd be fine with removing. Which this is where I get confused do you run a full Holley setup to replace the ECM or can you get away with something like a racepac and stick with stock ignition. In my case when you have a truck with really no options do you need to worry much about what your removing in the dash/cluster and how it will effect talking to the ecm. If you can just run a racepac, how do you get everything to talk to the racepac. Sorry I know this is very broad I just didn't want to go start cutting wires, I'm trying to see what the best option at this point would be I'd like to stay stock ignition and just figure out how to monitor everything else digitaly with out the stock dash in the mix. For instance if you were to just take the cluster out does everything still work as advertised and talk to each other as needed or do you run into other gremlins. I know this is going a few different directions just trying to wrap my head around all of it, possibly over thinking something that isn't really all the complex if broken down.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:06 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Even in a lightly optioned truck, most of the bullshit still communicates with a bcm. It is not a pleasant thing to do.

Use the Holley for all driveline related operations and a new custom harness for all the other feature you would like to keep.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:56 PM
Launching!

The correct shifter finally came in today. Everything is mocked up just waiting for the trans to run the cable. Started finishing up a few odds and ends including the catch can, should have the rest of the fittings in tomorrow.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks awesome!

You must be excited to get this thing rollin!
Old 08-29-2017, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Looks awesome!

You must be excited to get this thing rollin!
Thanks man!! Lol excited would be an understatement!! It's looking more and more like it's not going to move till next spring but I hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Finally got the trans back, should have it back in within the next couple days. Hoping the stock drive shaft will work just to get it moving around. Length difference between the old 60E and the new TH400 is 5/16 overall. If anything just going to have the stock shaft resized until the four link is done and there's a fabbed 9" underneath. Might get to hear her run again within the next couple weeks.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Aim
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really nice build!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Aim
Really nice build!
Thanks I appreciate it!
Old 10-14-2017, 11:00 PM
Launching!

She's finally moving under her own power...again!! Ended up putting the trans in and having a pump issue so had to pull it back out. Also had a little driveshaft hiccup, thinking the stock driveshaft length would work but ended up getting an aluminum shaft out of an extended cab 1500 and had it shortened. All is good now. It is now a TH400 with a RMVB. The stand alone harness from BP Automotive worked exactly as advertised it deleted all the factory Evap, MAF, Trans, ABS, HVAC, Factory Fuel system wiring and cleaned up the bay a lot. Still have alot of work to do as far as getting a rear end and four link fabbed up, think I'm gonna go the 9" route. Other than that should be able to start tuning. Hopefully be able to start getting some passes on this thing spring sometime.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey ironcityboom, are you still looking into 4-linking this?

Quick Reply: Whistle pig build