PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Walbro 450 Install (in progress)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
He probably has an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator with return fuel supply line.
No, supposably he was running it 100% stock with just the Walbro. I just want to know what that grey canister thing is next to the pump and how he got buy without that being connected. Hopefully he chimes in soon. I just don't want to hack this all up and then have to buy a new sending unit. Im currently stuck driving this truck bedless till i figure something out lol.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Driving around bedless is the ****, the new thing to do you know? lol

Try PM'ing him.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Driving around bedless is the ****, the new thing to do you know? lol

Try PM'ing him.
I was about two weeks ago. I thought i understood how to do it until i pulled it all apart. Thankfully i was able to get most of the stock **** back together. I will run it the way he did, once I found out what that grey canister and jet thing that is mounted to the side of it is, and how it will work without it.
Attached Thumbnails Walbro 450 Install (in progress)-img_1920.jpg  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is the fuel filter. Haven't seen this particular module in person, but looks like the metal thing attached to it is the regulator. There should also be a siphon/venturi system to suck up fuel from the bottom of the tank to fill the bucket...look for a funnel shaped opening on the bottom of the bucket. The venturi is driven by a jet of fuel sprayed up into it. This jet is supplied by excess fuel dumped by the regulator or another source of pressurized fuel....possibly that long black tube. So before you start cutting things out, take a close look at all the plumbing to figure out what you will be losing.

Last edited by DrX; 03-13-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrX
That is the fuel filter. Haven't seen this particular module in person, but looks like the metal thing attached to it is the regulator. There should also be a siphon/venturi system to suck up fuel from the bottom of the tank to fill the bucket...look for a funnel shaped opening on the bottom of the bucket. The venturi is driven by a jet of fuel sprayed up into it. This jet is supplied by excess fuel dumped by the regulator or another source of pressurized fuel. So before you start cutting things out, take a close look at all the plumbing to figure out what you wil lbe losing.
Nahh, there is a fuel sock that is attached to the bottom of the fuel pump. I just pulled it off in the pictures. There is a black hose with a green o-ring(you can see it in the pictures) that slips into the top of the grey bucket lid and when the lid is installed, the fill tube will slip into a fitting in the bottom of the bucket. Its driven by fuel that from the fuel pump. In the picture I attached bellow, where the flat head screw driver is pointing is where the stock pump connects too. You can also see the black fill tube below the red wire. There is like a little channel in the grey lid that flows fuel from where the pump connects to, to the black fill tube and then it travels to the tube on the side of the bucket.
Attached Thumbnails Walbro 450 Install (in progress)-img_1923.jpg  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrX
That is the fuel filter. Haven't seen this particular module in person, but looks like the metal thing attached to it is the regulator. There should also be a siphon/venturi system to suck up fuel from the bottom of the tank to fill the bucket...look for a funnel shaped opening on the bottom of the bucket. The venturi is driven by a jet of fuel sprayed up into it. This jet is supplied by excess fuel dumped by the regulator or another source of pressurized fuel....possibly that long black tube. So before you start cutting things out, take a close look at all the plumbing to figure out what you will be losing.
Okay, your right. That grey thing is the fuel filter. I was under the assumption that the sock was the only filter there was. I also learned that the jet like thing is actually the fuel pressure relief valve from what i have been reading. Now how are people getting by with bypassing that. Why does this have to be so difficult!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That long black tube is the fill tube I told you about. That the only thing you will use. White bucket and fill tube.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is a system control by a fuel pump control module. You don't need a regulator. It didn't come with one. It control pressure with voltage.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bingo.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yay!! I win!!!

Quick Reply: Walbro 450 Install (in progress)