PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Steve-o-08's Silverado Build Thread, Take Three.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chiprez
Sorry to bring up an old post, but waaaay back in post 42 you mention "Franks" truck. A white 90's swb. Wondering if you can point me in the direction of a build thread for that truck if there is one. Thank you.
No problem, As far as I know there isn't a build thread on that truck.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve-O-08
Curious on the faster ratio rack you were looking at? Was it an aftermarket rack or a stock piece off another vehicle that could be made to work? I was considering modifying the column with a quickener. probably 1.5:1. Would have to pull the column out to see if was even possible.
Might be easier to mount the quickener in the engine bay and fab a couple of shafts to connect it all.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem, As far as I know there isn't a build thread on that truck.
ahhh, thanks. Sweet truck,which happened to lead me to this forum after I started looking into making my 94' rcsb handle better. I Autocross my 99' Miata already so I'm desperate to make get rid of that squishy feeling the suspension has.

Last edited by chiprez; 04-13-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JeffT
Might be easier to mount the quickener in the engine bay and fab a couple of shafts to connect it all.
If the quickener was in the engine bay it would be pretty close to the headers. If I have enough room in the column I'll go that route just to keep it out of the way. Keeping it stealthy.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the quickener was in the engine bay it would be pretty close to the headers. If I have enough room in the column I'll go that route just to keep it out of the way. Keeping it stealthy.
Right on. Nice build btw! What spring rate did you go with on the front if you don't mind?
Old 04-14-2017, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JeffT
Right on. Nice build btw! What spring rate did you go with on the front if you don't mind?
Thanks, Front springs are 1200lb.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Just found your thread and read through it all, now I'm late for work.

Question: did you ever get around to cutting the tranny crossmember mount and plating it in so it's flush with the frame? I wanted to know if it was possible to get it flush with dirt tracks tubular member because it's hard to tell looking at pictures of the flanges allow it
Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Just found your thread and read through it all, now I'm late for work.

Question: did you ever get around to cutting the tranny crossmember mount and plating it in so it's flush with the frame? I wanted to know if it was possible to get it flush with dirt tracks tubular member because it's hard to tell looking at pictures of the flanges allow it

Haha nice. Sorry about that...

I haven't cut off the crossmember mounts yet. Still on the to-do list. If the mounts were off I believe the tabs on his crossmember would be slightly lower than the frame rails. If I had to guess I would say less than an inch. I would have trimmed the crossmember down if I needed to.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Haha nice. Sorry about that...

I haven't cut off the crossmember mounts yet. Still on the to-do list. If the mounts were off I believe the tabs on his crossmember would be slightly lower than the frame rails. If I had to guess I would say less than an inch. I would have trimmed the crossmember down if I needed to.
OK, that was my thoughts as well, didn't seem like you could get it flush with the frame like the KP crossmembers
Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
OK, that was my thoughts as well, didn't seem like you could get it flush with the frame like the KP crossmembers
With a little modification I should be able to. Not sure if I'll be able to use the same crossmember with my trans swap yet. If I can I would like to because it's much lighter than the stock one or even the kp one.

Quick Reply: Steve-o-08's Silverado Build Thread, Take Three.