PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   Spoolin's attempt to Spool... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/spoolins-attempt-spool-472672/)

Spoolin 06-05-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by vicalma03 (Post 4712451)
I wish my truck idled at 5-600 rpm. Looks like I'm getting a set of 3" bullets! Truck sounds awesome!!

Thanks Vic, tank is working out great btw, fuel bucket and level sensor work as well!! :cheers:

Originally Posted by CurtD (Post 4712467)
Sounds really good!! I'm waiting on an incab :drive: video!!

I think an out of cab and an in-cab are next on the list along with working out the bugs, hopefully I'll find the crossed wire in the tranny harness either today or tomorrow.

Originally Posted by rkwhite61 (Post 4712505)
Great looking truck. What size tires are you running in your very first pic/post? Great stance.

In my very first post those are Nitto 265/40/20

The new tires I have now that I bought for the competition last Friday are 275/35/20's. They look pretty small on my truck and lowered me about 2.5 inches. Wasn't planning on them making that much of a difference but the truck's got a whole new look to it with the new shoes.

vicalma03 06-05-2011 02:00 PM

Good to hear!! I'd like to check out your truck in person someday. Maybe for The next truck shoot out...

99LsSilverado 06-05-2011 08:58 PM

That plug in post #494 is for the tank vent purge solenoid that is behind the tb on a stock intake.

Spoolin 06-05-2011 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by vicalma03 (Post 4712561)
Good to hear!! I'd like to check out your truck in person someday. Maybe for The next truck shoot out...

That would be a long drive in this truck!! :jest:
Also I'd have to do some stuff to make it track legal.

Originally Posted by 99LsSilverado (Post 4712709)
That plug in post #494 is for the tank vent purge solenoid that is behind the tb on a stock intake.

Ok sweet, good to know I don't need it! :thumb:

2004SSS 06-05-2011 09:16 PM

dam been back and i havent even got a call to come check it out , i see how it is .

sucks i had to miss the throwdown but things happen. ill have it ready by the winter time to get full advantage of the cold weather and make my goal with the upgrades i have planned.

give me a call before you get sent out again , we need to kick it .

907TBSS 06-05-2011 09:31 PM

This thing should rip! Nice build, clean truck.

Spoolin 06-06-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2004SSS (Post 4712724)
dam been back and i havent even got a call to come check it out , i see how it is .

sucks i had to miss the throwdown but things happen. ill have it ready by the winter time to get full advantage of the cold weather and make my goal with the upgrades i have planned.

give me a call before you get sent out again , we need to kick it .

:jest: Sorry bud, I have no good excuse!! :(
I should be up your way on the 9th (Thursday) maybe as I'm headed to Temecula to kick it with Lee at EFI Academy. I don't think I'll have my issues worked out by then but we'll see. We'll probably be around till after you get off work so I'll get a hold of ya and see if we can't stop by.

Originally Posted by 907TBSS (Post 4712740)
This thing should rip! Nice build, clean truck.

Thanks man!! :cheers:

Spoolin 06-06-2011 01:04 PM

Dyno vid, run aborted at 4500rpm's or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RapBufmocDw

stock48 06-06-2011 01:15 PM

Turbo sounds sweet!
Do you have all your grounds hiched up correctly? There should be 3 on the engine. 2 in back of the intake, and one behind the ps pump. If those are off or compromised wierd shit will happen. Also you need good grounds all around the truck. Chassis to engine, chassis to body, engine to body etc.

Spoolin 06-06-2011 01:34 PM

I can guarantee you I have none on the back of the intake. I have most of the grounds on the block hooked up and I would imagine most of the cab to frame ones as well. I'll go ahead and do that today, I'll just add random grounds if that's cool.
So unless it's a bad thing to have extra grounds, I'll add a ground from...

1) Frame to body
2) intake to block
3) Block to frame

They are probably redundant but what the hell, any other ones you think might be good too?