PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   Spoolin's attempt to Spool... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/spoolins-attempt-spool-472672/)

D_reks{5.3} 12-15-2010 06:40 PM

WTF?? I want pics.. Let me guess, Lee went to disneyland to? dude is always there..

SLOXCAB 12-15-2010 06:47 PM

Don't hate on D land sons....only socal residents can buy anual passes on the cheap. D land shit faced is so much fun

shawnss 12-15-2010 08:27 PM

wow. nice job so far. your truck is just sick. im really liken the paint. keep up the nice work

Spoolin 12-16-2010 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarinitup (Post 4597024)
Looking good. Need some videos of it running soon.

As soon as I get it running, I'm gonna find a local ricer shop and say hello...the Odessa Texas way!! :D

Originally Posted by SLOXCAB (Post 4597036)
Don't hate on D land sons....only socal residents can buy anual passes on the cheap. D land shit faced is so much funny

EXACTLY!!! There's nothing to compare what it's like being hammered at Disneyland, it's all kinds of fun!!
Lee, I had so many people hating on D-land today I was like WTF?!! But it's not our fault they ain't in on it or know about it!! :nod:

Found an abandonned wheelchair and had some fun with it!! :devil:

Spoolin 12-16-2010 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by smokeshow (Post 4589607)
I want pictures of this cow-skin. :lol:

Ummm...

Looked like this,

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...queen/coww.jpg

only on my arms and legs!! :D My elbow actually still have some paint on them, been almost two weeks!! :jest:

Wyttrash96 12-16-2010 07:25 AM

I haven't looked at this thread in awhile. To apply that POR15, are you brushing it on or spraying it? I'd think spraying, but I'm not seeing overspray everywhere. Makes me wanna use that stuff for my Olds. And for your tank, get that shit polished! Look up Truck Polishing shops in your area, and they'll jump at the chance to polish that. Way easier than a 24.5 inch aluminum wheel.

Spoolin 12-16-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96 (Post 4597324)
I haven't looked at this thread in awhile. To apply that POR15, are you brushing it on or spraying it? I'd think spraying, but I'm not seeing overspray everywhere. Makes me wanna use that stuff for my Olds. And for your tank, get that shit polished! Look up Truck Polishing shops in your area, and they'll jump at the chance to polish that. Way easier than a 24.5 inch aluminum wheel.

I am brushing it, I don't have a spray gun and spraying it would get that stuff all over my garage and this stuff DOES NOT come off under any circumstances!! :jest:
It's pretty thin liquid but goes on rather thick and dries as if it was sprayed, no brush marks or streaks or anything. Kinda weird stuff.

thunderwagen 12-17-2010 12:36 AM

Its looking good Jules. I'm ready to see it running. What are you doing as far as fuel pump and lines?

Spoolin 12-17-2010 12:44 AM

Well, I spent half the day in the garage applying a second coat to the frame. Turned out to be a waste of time as I don't think this stuff needs two coats, it adheres really well to steel but not so good to itself, but whatever, two coats is better than one I would assume.
Also painted the tranny cross-member and the fuel tank brackets. Gonna leave the fuel tank in it's original SS finish for now as it's not a priority and I don't want to keep giving myself more jobs to do. Next up is to install the fuel tank and drop in the motor and trans on Sunday. Hopefully won't get too many hang-ups but the biggest part of this build is gonna be plumbing, wiring, fitment and fit and finish so that's what's gonna take the most time.

Originally Posted by thunderwagen (Post 4597968)
Its looking good Jules. I'm ready to see it running. What are you doing as far as fuel pump and lines?

Fuel pumps are the twin pumps from my old lonnie's system. I'll pull the bucket here on sunday and take a picture of it. Fuel lines are gonna be custom ones that I'm gonna make. I have a vague idea of what I'm gonna do, nothing fancy, the simpler the better.

SLOXCAB 12-17-2010 12:49 AM

mission snail hang is a go then for sunday?