PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project 67

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trenz68
watsons-streetworks.com
Yeah those are the Sasche Rod Shop hinges. I just hate to mount anything on the firewall after I shaved the crap out of it!! I have another idea in mind. I will let you know if it works out. Stop by the shop whenever you like. M-F 8am-6pm Sat 9am-2pm (some saturdays off, call ahead)
Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i need too..have some questions about the whole harness and whether to go with a drive by wire tb or switch to a cable tb.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:37 PM
12 Second Truck Club

the shop is pretty easy to find, i dropped off the cam he bought from me, when u startin ur ride Carlos?
Old 10-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Blown 427 LSX

did someone say hinges??

A friend makes those one off - they include a ram (you cant see it in this pic, its on the other side of the hinge)
I think they are $1600 bucks for a set!!

Awesome build, very clean...
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Where's the Beef?

Must be a PITA to move it around like that with no steering.

Hell of a nice truck.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trenz68
yeah i need too..have some questions about the whole harness and whether to go with a drive by wire tb or switch to a cable tb.
I like the Drive By Wire. It is cleaner I think. Some will argue differently but I like that you do not have a throttle cable going through the firewall.

I don't know everything but I can help you with your harness that I have learned so far.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
the shop is pretty easy to find, i dropped off the cam he bought from me, when u startin ur ride Carlos?
Bought some heads off the board that were milled and 3 angle valve job. Started porting and polishing them tonight before I left the shop. My suspension pieces I am making will be done next week. Wiring almost cleaned up. With any luck by next weekend I will install the heads, cam, pushrods, paint everything a custom mix pearl orange. Trans is out being built up now with all the goodies, deciding on a converter right now. I am "TRYING" to have it finished by Autorama to display it there when we roll out the grey 67 above. We will see. I have been purposely trying not to take in any additional work to finish mine!!!

I have a custom "orange" factory scroll work seat done (took a year to find someone to build the factory scroll work for a 72 truck in orange) orange carpet, orange door panels, orange dash, orange headliner, painting interior sheetmetal flat orange. So we will try to make it. I will post pics in another thread when I make more progress!!

Thanks again for the cam!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Must be a PITA to move it around like that with no steering.

Hell of a nice truck.
Haha! Good eye! I already installed the steering. My customer is tall so I wanted him to be comfortable in the truck and with the firewall completely shaved I had to be creative to mount the steering and shorten the column so his knees wouldn't be in the steering wheel. Moved the fuel tank to the back and moved the seat mounting positions back. Have under cab mounted power brakes so that helped move the brake pedal down!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
did someone say hinges??

A friend makes those one off - they include a ram (you cant see it in this pic, its on the other side of the hinge)
I think they are $1600 bucks for a set!!

Awesome build, very clean...

Ouch!! Damn those are nice and worth every penny. He spends some time making those!! I have read every page of your build! When I am a high roller like you maybe I can afford these!! Thanks for the compliment. Means alot when you have a truck like yours.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Where's the Beef?

BTW it will save you some time to use Multi Quote next to the quote button and then just hit quote on the last one and fill in the blanks.

Quick Reply: Project 67