PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Possible new build?? Joe Gibbs!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 05:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy_King1500
good looking truck.

only thing, i wouldnt pay any special price for the "joe gibbs"

you not wanting a 4x4? just my opinions...
It's priced quite a bit below what a regular rcsb 2wd with those options would run. Unless I find something when I see it in person it's quite a steal of a deal.

And I go back and forth on 4x4 but it's going to be a summer drag strip toy/weekend thrasher. I know 4x4 would be a little more useful on the streets but I will just have to apply more driver mod I guess and see how I do Mostly wanting 2wd due to less weight.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Import Moderator

If I were you I wouldn't pay Gibbs money for that... no JGS bumpers, grille, seats, interior trim pieces... doesn't even appear to have the dash plaque.

I'm not saying it's not a Gibbs... just pointing out that all it has is 20s, the door badges, cluster, and the exhaust. Wouldn't go too much more than book on a regular 5.3 Silverado.

Good luck

EDIT: Just read you're getting it for a good deal... awesome!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Gibbs. There were different Gibbs options put out, and I thought some of the earlier ones might have been missing some stuff. Like stated above, the front bumper, seats, dash plaque. The badges on the one in the picture are just the decal ones too, they are not the metal badge that most of them come with. If you are getting it for a good deal, great. If you are paying full Gibbs price for that truck, seriously think about it. It does look like the Corsa exhaust is on there, thats the way mine was when I bought it.

It is also missing the rear wing.

Let me know if you need pics of anything.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by beastmode
If I were you I wouldn't pay Gibbs money for that... no JGS bumpers, grille, seats, interior trim pieces... doesn't even appear to have the dash plaque.

I'm not saying it's not a Gibbs... just pointing out that all it has is 20s, the door badges, cluster, and the exhaust. Wouldn't go too much more than book on a regular 5.3 Silverado.

Good luck

EDIT: Just read you're getting it for a good deal... awesome!
Ya, I will check it out more once home. Was kinda wishing it had the seats and bumper but oh well. He said there is glue where a name plate use to be inside the truck but was no plate when he bought it.

But yea, it's a fair amount below what it books out for retail so unless the pictures are deceiving and it's thrashed it should still be a good deal. Will throw the laptop on it and do some logging and scanning and try and get it up on the lift at Rogers shop if we can make time.
Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I love my Gibbs. There were different Gibbs options put out, and I thought some of the earlier ones might have been missing some stuff. Like stated above, the front bumper, seats, dash plaque. The badges on the one in the picture are just the decal ones too, they are not the metal badge that most of them come with. If you are getting it for a good deal, great. If you are paying full Gibbs price for that truck, seriously think about it. It does look like the Corsa exhaust is on there, thats the way mine was when I bought it.

It is also missing the rear wing.
Yea looking at the other angle the exhaust seems to match now so that's good. Still bummed it doesn't have the front bumper or rear wing and couple other things the other Joe Gibbs editions had but for the right price will still be one great project. Iv'e always loved the rims that came on these trucks
Old 07-02-2013, 03:26 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice find, hard to believe it's up there. Hope it comes through and you have a nice RCSB to play with!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
Nice find, hard to believe it's up there. Hope it comes through and you have a nice RCSB to play with!
Hope so also. Hoping the guy can get power of attorney to his wife so she can sell it to me and I don't have to wait forever for the guy to get back home.

Already got so many ideas for mods LOL. Should be fun
Old 07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

he might have the wing if he installed the bed cover, it would have to have a funky cover on it to keep the wing. Just an idea
Old 07-04-2013, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

I think the previous owner installed the cover but will still ask about the wing. Spoke with the guy again yesterday and he mailed off the power of attorney paperwork to his wife yesterday so it should be to her by the time I get home. Right now planning on checking it out Tuesday when she has a day off work.

Have a couple questions maybe someone can answer here though. The title is from NC since that is wher he bought it before bringing it up here. This should be a simple $15 fee to have it changed over to my name and an Alaskan title when I buy the truck right? Other question is he just renewed the registration in April so it still has close to two years left. Do I have to pay for all new registration or can that be transferred to me also and save a few bucks??
Old 07-04-2013, 04:13 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You start from scratch with the AK registration...$15 for the title transfer and the $100 for the 2 year tag... Still a LOT cheaper than the GA **** I had to go through coming back.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Well it's happening. Grabbing cash in a few and meeting at DMV. Some minor wear and tear but no major leaks or serious mechanical stuff. Needs new windshield eventually. Need brake job and alignment but drives great.

More pics tonight. It needs a good detail job.

Quick Reply: Possible new build?? Joe Gibbs!!!!