PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My RCSB escarado ground-up

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:33 PM
I <3 compressor surge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well ladies and germs..... The project is not dead! Long story short, the body guy and I had a little falling out during this build. Truck sat at the shop for 2 1/2 years me hearing every few weeks "2 more cars and we'll get back on your truck". We made no more progress than the last pics you see. Ended up just taking the truck and all my parts home late 2012. Put it and all the parts in the garage because I was so pissed at the whole situation I had to walk away from it for a while.

I ended up buying a truck off of Beastmode that was floating around all the truck sites for a while around that time (fall 2012?) It was about 6 different colors. I went from Fastcount 03, to trilogy28 or something like that to beastmode to me. I borrowed some parts off the Escalade truck and slapped her together (not being worried about body work for a while and left it all multicolored!) for LS fest 2012 and entered truckin throwdown. Ended up Killing in drag race portion (best ET, Trap speed and reaction time) and getting a mini feature in truckin mag!

2000 GMC Sierra - Frankenstein Sierra - Busted Knuckles - Truckin Magazine

I did a frame off on it also, but never started a build thread. Found a new guy for bodywork so I can start to finish some of my projects up now.

Couple of teaser shots till I get a chance to make a build thread

After paint and Restoration:

Have more pics of it just don't have them readily available.

So..... the question is, what am I going to do with the escarado?

Got a few options:
Caddy clip is looking a little dated and want to get away from the escalade look and more toward the V series caddy look. Truck is going back to 243 headed lq9 zo6 cam basic build (I used all the go fast parts in the orange truck).

Truck would be all black. Thinking of tinting headlights make them look a little smaller, all mesh black grille, just a crest on the grille and gate, 1 "V" emblem in bottom corner of gate and one on each door where the 1500 emblem normally goes. switch truck to 5 lug, They make matte black CTS-V Replica wheels in 20x9 and 20x11 or something close to that and CTS-V 6 piston front and 4 piston rear calipers. If I can find a set of CTS-V recaros that someone doesn't want a mint for that would be nice, and dye the whole interior black. I have many parts and little details for this to work well being it was very close to my original plan anyway, and still have my vanity plate that I ordered (HY CLASS)<-- love it or hate it lol

Esky look may be starting to really be dated, Do 06 silvy ss front and red jewel tintcoat paint. basic look ss 20's, Z06 brakes. Would look great imo, but I already have one. And with the ss look you don't really stand out anymore.

Im just at a crossroads with this project. They say your first choice is usually the correct or best one, and to my knowledge no one has built a "CTS-V" Truck concept. I want to finish it just want to take the right path after it being apart for over 5 years
Old 07-29-2014, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Looks great Chris. I'm the guy that got a hold of you trying to sell the headers.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I <3 compressor surge

Originally Posted by blackcash
Looks great Chris. I'm the guy that got a hold of you trying to sell the headers.
thanks man. I am working on the new setup on the orange truck with george here pretty soon, I cant wait to drive it again. I have just been out of the pt scene for a while and just building my crap doing my own thing lol