PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My ongoing project

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i was really lucky cause i had about 300 pound sub box in the back and it didnt even move....and a brake tubing bender in the back that hit the ex cab window and didnt scratch it or break it...i hope to get my live tune done in oct when blackbear comes down if we get enough deposits
Old 07-25-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

dam dude thats insane. Glad your alright and everything.

I wouldnt necessarily hold your breath for that, not trying to be a dick but they were supposed to come here to FAT and there were quite a few interested and they backed out. Just sayin. I'd definitely find a local tuner and build a good report with him, it is nice in the long run
Old 07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea so far we only have 3 deposits so its lookin not good...if it turns out they dont come im going to a dyno shop in mobile alabama and gettin it tuned and then buying tuning software for myself to play with abit
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Black'Rado
yea so far we only have 3 deposits so its lookin not good...if it turns out they dont come im going to a dyno shop in mobile alabama and gettin it tuned and then buying tuning software for myself to play with abit
tunings tough, or at least I couldnt really get it... could've been due to my ECM not taking to the 4L80 so well. I got it to idle and what not but never any more, when I took it to my tuner he had to upload an entire OP sys from a truck that started life as a 6.0/80e and swap the VINs. That could've been my major tuning problem.

Im still pretty strong with having close contact with a local tuner, he can give you all sorts of advice and and he's not far incase something goes haywire with your tune, instead of waiting for someone on here to finally respond. Just me view of course
Old 07-25-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i wish i had somewere local that knew tuning...but im a good learner and hopefully can get into tuning some around here
Old 07-25-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Black'Rado
yea i wish i had somewere local that knew tuning...but im a good learner and hopefully can get into tuning some around here
more power to ya man, Haha I have the patience of a gnat and I rather rip apart and rebuild a motor any day than try and force feed all of that stuff to my brain
Old 07-25-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

ha yea im real mechanical too. and i like to learn how it all works and how to make it better

Last edited by Black'Rado; 09-20-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Finally have an update....got my ssbc short stop rottors and hawk pads in and got the fronts done today, tomorrow ill do the rears and get the e-brake stuff done to. I also ordered a triple gauge a piller pod and autometer cobalt trans temp and fuel pressure gauges, next to get is a wideband to fill out the pods...should come in next week some time. oh and ill be getin a live tune in a few weeks also. any way here are some pics.....

Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

*long overdue update*
its not much but ive been really busy with work and startin collage and moving into my own house

well first thing i got done was my fuel pump went out so i upgraded to a walbro 255 intank

i did a write up on the install here https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=448745

and i got a live blackbear tune....thanks justin

need to get a pic of his sticker on my back window and my pt.net sticker i got also

then i got some hids...no pics yet

also got a autometer pillar gauge pod and cobalt trans temp gauge
crappy phone pic and i need to get my wide band and fuel pressure gauge soon

thats about it...i ordered a rollpan and handle relocater from grant kustoms...should be here the 7th
other than that im lovin havin my own house and livin on my own...just less mod money, but i start college in jan for petrochemical refining so i should have a good job in 2 years or so. oh yea almost forgot...found a good deal on a lq9 out of a 05 escalade with tranny and tcase...my dad wants to use the tranny in his 68 chevy truck and i want the motor so we are going in half on it....hoping to get it within the week

Last edited by Black'Rado; 01-19-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

well another long overdue update....i got my rollpan and handle relocater....put some primer on the pan but havnt welded it on yet, put the handle relocater on and started welding up filler, havnt finished it up yet

put stock front shocks back up front cause one of the shity nitro drop 2s was craped out

bought a detroit tru trac from a member here

waitin on my 4.11s to come in to install it

also installed a vette servo today

Quick Reply: My ongoing project